MAX. ALTITUDE 200 m. / 656 ft.
Min. Age12- 60
Group Size 12
Type of Tours : Adventure, Cultural, History, Nature
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
02 Day Awakening in the Amazon, a package that will take you through the most diverse adventures on the banks of the world’s largest river: The Amazon, the most biodiverse region on the planet.
With this compressed package, you will explore the largest region territorially in Peru, Loreto and its capital Iquitos. This jungle package contains the best activities both inside and outside the city of Iquitos. You will visit native communities, a center dedicated to research, protection, and rescue of Amazonian ecosystems and resources, as well as eco-tourism activities to contemplate the wild jungle, which will make you fall in love with the forest and its benefits.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES
DAY 01: RECEPTION, YAGUAS NATIVE COMMUNITY, VISIT TO THE FUND RONY & NIGHT EXCURSION
- We begin with the reception at the Iquitos airport and then be transferred to the Bellavista Nanay tourist jetty. During the tour you will receive a brief orientation about the city of Iquitos, observing the main tourist sites of this city (the historic city of eastern Peru). In the nineteenth century, it became a small town to the most important river port in the Amazon, acquiring a surprising cosmopolitan condition during the so-called “Rubber Boom”.
- Once located at the Bellavista Nanay Tourist jetty, we have a 15 to 20-minute tour before boarding the boat to learn a little about the cuisine of the jungle. Next, we will aboard safe and typical boats to navigate the world’s largest river and one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World, the Amazon River. The trip along the Amazon River will allow you to obtain a wonderful panorama in which the magnificence of the river makes its way through the exuberance of the jungle, where you will also find the picturesque riverside villages with their characteristic color and joy.
- After a period of time, we will arrive at Yanayacu River Lodge. Our staff will welcome you and provide you a pleasant soda, made with typical fruits of the region. We will have a short talk about the rules that govern the sustainability of the hostel and its surroundings. You will learn how to enjoy your permanence and your participation in the most diverse ecotourism activities. We’ll dispose of your accommodation immediately according to the type of room required.
- After installing ourselves in the lodge, we will start a walking tour or by canoe (according to weather conditions) to “New Peru”, a picturesque town where the Yaguas ethnic community is established, whose ancestors had a historical encounter by Francisco de Orellana in his first exploration of the Amazon in 1541.
- This visit will allow you to know their ancestral customs, appreciate their original palm fiber clothing and even try their aim with the “pacuna” (blowgun) that the Yaguas used for centuries for hunting.
- After our activities in this community, we will return to the lodge to taste our lunches.
In the afternoon, we will go to a Wildlife Rescue Center, “The Fony Rony.” We will observe and interact with some varieties of wild animals such as the lazy bear (Bradypus variegatus), monkeys, macaws, toucans, boas. An interesting way to learn to value and respect the typical wildlife of our Amazon.
- Once this visited has finished, we will go to observe the beautiful sunset over the Amazon (depending on weather conditions), and later we will return to the lodge for dinner.
- At nightfall, we will make a night excursion. The mysterious and interesting world of nocturnal insects, cicadas, spiders, praying mantis, etc.
DAY 02: BIRD WATCHING, KINGDOM OF GIANT TREES AND ARTISAN FISHING
- After waking up with the song of the birds during the first hours of the morning (between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m.) you can observe many of the bird species that feed on the banks of the river or the plantations that are found in the surroundings of the community. Your guide will indicate the exact time at which this activity will take place.
- Later, we get ready to undertake the Artisan Fishing tour. The guide will guide us with respect to local techniques of fishing for piranhas or other species of the Yanayacu River, with the same material that the man of the jungle uses ancestrally for subsistence purposes.
- At the appropriate time or according to your flight schedule, we will take our boat and then the ground transportation to go to the Iquitos airport, ending our services.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- Iquitos city
- Yanayacu River Lodge
- Yaguas Native Community
- Fony Rony
- Professional Tour Guide.
- 01-night accommodation in Lodges.
- Food during the package.
- Pick up from the airport.
- All transport
- Flights (International and local)
- Travel Insurance
THINGS TO BRING:
- Sun hat.
- Sunblock (Factor 35 minimum recommended).
- Extra money for additional expenses.
- Camera and camcorder.
Minimum 02 Persons
Price per person
|*01 person or more||$ 149.00|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer small groups, no more than 12 people.
Daily Departures: Our tour can run any day of the week, 12 months a year, as long as we have a minimum of 2 people.