- Humantay Lake
- Humantay Mountain
On the way, you can enjoy the fantastic landscapes, as well as the magnificent snowy peaks of Humantay and Salkantay, at night the constellations will show us the immensity of the Andean sky. You will have the pleasure of being at the foot of one of the most emblematic snows of the city of Cusco
Tour MapView map >
02 Day Trek to Humantay Lake – Private Service
This 02 Day Trek to Humantay Lake Peru – Private Service will take you through the most picturesque landscapes and native people of the Limatambo area. Above all, discover with us one of the hikes on-trend, which for its natural beauty has become known worldwide. Likewise, you can rest under the starry sky of the Andes that will captivate you with its spectacular constellations, a great adventure of ecotourism given in the highest parts of nature. So, let Mother Nature guide you through the most spectacular places and get the peace of mind of making this unique experience in the Andes.
Day 1: Challacancha – Soraypampa – Humantay Lake
- Firstly, we will pick you up from your hotel at 05:00 a.m. to head to the valley of Mollepata.
- On the way, we will feel the change of altitude allowing us to observe the fruit trees, snowy peaks, diverse flora and fauna, etc.
- In Mollepata, we will take a short breakfast. Then, we will continue our tour on the route to Challacancha for a short rest, from this point we will begin our walk towards Soraypampa from where
- we will start our trek to the Humantay Lake Peru.
- Then, you will enjoy all the splendor and you will find the extraordinary beauty of the green-blue waters of the Humantay Lake (4,200 masl / 13,779 ft).
- During, our descent they will be waiting for us for the lunch. Later, we will continue the hike for 02 hours and arrive to our camp in Soyroccocha (4,491 masl / 14,730 ft.).
- Finally, we will have tea time and also dinner, at night we will be able to appreciate the immense constellations and to rest.
Minimum altitude: 4,200 masl / 13,779 feet
Maximum altitude: 4,491 masl / 14,730 feet
Walking Distance: 12km / 7.45 miles
Lodging: camp in Soyroccocha
Day 2: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Cusco
- This day is the most important, we will wake up early to have our breakfast and continue our journey to Salkantay Pass (4,638 masl / 15,213 ft).
- Also, the phenomenal landscapes that we will observe on the tour will be an unforgettable experience.
- Consequently, once we reach our goal, we will delight ourselves with the greatness shown by the imposing Salkantay and nature in its purest demonstration.
- Then, we will descend for returning to the camp to take our lunch, we will get ready to continue on the way to Soraypampa (3,850 masl / 12 631 ft.)
- Subsequently, our transport will be waiting for us and transport us to the city of Cusco.
Minimum altitude: 3,850 masl / 12 631 ft.
Maximum altitude: 4,638 masl / 15 213 ft.
Walking Distance: 12km / 7.45 miles
HUMANTAY LAKE INCLUDED:
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Mountain guide (English and Spanish).
- Touristic transport from Cusco to Soraypampa (beginning of trek)
- Transportation back to Cusco.
- 01 breakfasts, 02 snacks, 02 lunches, 01 dinners.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- 4 man tent for every 2 trekkers.
- Double thickness foam sleeping mattress.
- Entrance to the Humantay Lake.
- Entrance to the Salkantay pass.
- First aid kit equipment.
- Trekking poles.
- Tips for your crew.
- Sleeping bag.
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
Things to Bring
- Original Passport
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- A warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick-dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flash lite with spare batteries (or an environmentally friendly option)
Prices & Departure dates
Waman Adventures offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers.
HUMANTAY LAKE PERU PRICES 2021
PRIVATE TREK ARE BASED IN NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP
|Number of Pax||Price per person US||Action|
WHY CHOOSE WAMAN ADVENTURES?
Certainly, Waman Adventures is working continuously to become one of Peru’s most responsible tour operators. Ideally, we try to keep our groups to a limit of 8 people. Therefore, Since we entirely operate all of our treks, we have complete control over the quality of our service. So, We want to make sure that you have a great experience in all of our treks and tours like Humantay Lake Peru 2 days.
Above all, It is also crucial that everyone involved in the operation of our services is appropriately treated and cared for, and that the benefits brought by tourism are shared throughout the Peruvian communities.
Despite the fact that our porters and our staff are working very hard to make a living, we try to make their time as enjoyable as possible, along with the guarantee that our porters are respected, paid fairly (above & beyond the accordance with the Porters Law and requirements set down by the Ministry of Labor) and have warm & dry accommodation and plenty of nutritious hot meals to eat. Although many other trekking companies will tell you this, few companies act to care for their porters genuinely.
- To clarify, any day that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 02 trekkers for the trek to Humantay Lake.
- Above all, small Groups anywhere between 2 – 8 people, to keep your experience unique and assure personalized attention.
THE BEST FOOD FROM THE ANDES MADE BY PROFESSIONAL CHEFS
- Waman Adventures is proud of our Andean foods and our staff loves to eat! We work only with professional chefs!
- Also, find our travelers’ recommendations on TripAdvisor