- Rainbow Mountain
We will enjoy an incredible night with a sky full of stars and the Milky Way that will perplex you. This is a new alternative for those who want to have an adventure that will leave you breathless. Discover the second mountain hidden in Cusco, which stands out for its easy accessibility and beautiful natural colors
Tour MapView map >
02 Day Trek to the Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour / Vinicunca – Group Service
Rainbow Mountain 2 day trek: this colorful and innovative trek to the Rainbow Mountain trail or Vinicunca will captivate you with its beautiful landscapes and small towns that still await a living culture. Certainly, our only company will be the curious Alpacas, Llamas and Vicuñas that we will observe along the way. During, the journey we will have a combination of incredible landscapes, snowy and colorful mountains.
DAY 1: CUSCO – AUSANGATE – ANANTA
- On the first day, we will pick you up from your hotel at 04:00 a.m.
- So, we will start from Cusco, the trip will take approximately 03 to 04 hours of travel.
- Upon arrival at the starting point, we will have breakfast before starting the walk.
- Then, as we advance along the path, we will reach the first pass of Pucaccocha, from where we can observe the majestic Ausangate glacier and its glistening lakes.
- Likewise, we will stop our trek to have lunch and rest a little before continuing.
- Consequently, arriving at the camp in Ananta, we can have dinner and rest to wake up with energy the next day.
Distance: 14 km / 8.7 miles
Elevation: 4,200 masl – 5,000 masl
Walking time: 05 – 06 hours
Accommodation: campsite at Ananta
DAY 2: ANANTA – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – CUSCO
- We will wake up very early to have our delicious breakfast. This day, we will reach our goal, the “Rainbow Mountain”.
- We will begin the ascent towards the mountain of colors, in the tour we will observe the typical landscapes of the Andes, as well as mountains and snowy peaks.
- Upon arrival, we will enjoy the fascinating landscape, you can explore and take the time to visit it and take good photos.
- Upon return, our chef will be waiting for us with a traditional lunch.
- In the afternoon, our transport will wait for us to return to Cusco.
Distance: 18km / 11 miles
Elevation: 5,000 masl – 5,200 masl – 4,200m
Walking time: 6-7 hours
VERY IMPORTANT: This tour begins at your hotel when we will pick you up, and will end at your hotel when we drop you off.
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN PERU TOUR INCLUDED:
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your guide and group in our office for an orientation before your trek. At this time, we will provide you with the duffle bags which will be carried by our horses. The meeting will be at 06:00 p.m. 01 or 02 days before the trip begins.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 8+.
- Pick up and drop off from any hotel in Cusco
- All transportation.
- 01 Breakfast, 02 Boxed Lunch, 02 lunch , 01 Dinner. If you have any dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own).
- Trekking poles
- Dining tent, chairs & tables
- Private toilet
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance fee for the Rainbow Mountain.
- Tips for your crew
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
Things to Bring
PACKING LIST FOR RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TRAIL:
- Original Passport
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or a environmental friendly option)
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN 2 DAY TREK GROUP SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 or More People||US$ 350.00|
OUR GROUP SIZE: We offer small Groups, not more than 10 people.
Discounts for Rainbow Mountain Peru Tour:
- Group Discounts ($25 each) If there are at least 4 people in your group (need to book at the same time and for the same trek in the group service), you will automatically get: A $25 per person group discount.
WHY CHOOSE WAMAN ADVENTURES?
Certainly, Waman Adventures is working continuously to become one of Peru’s most responsible tour operators. Ideally, we try to keep our groups to a limit of 8 people. Therefore, Since we entirely operate all of our treks, we have complete control over the quality of our service. So, We want to make sure that you have a great experience in all of our treks and tours like Rainbow Mountain Trail.
Above all, It is also crucial that everyone involved in the operation of our services is appropriately treated and cared for, and that the benefits brought by tourism are shared throughout the Peruvian communities.
- To clarify, any day that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 02 trekkers for the Rainbow mountain 2 day trek.
- Above all, small Groups anywhere between 2 – 8 people, to keep your experience unique and assure personalized attention.
THE BEST FOOD FROM THE ANDES MADE BY PROFESSIONAL CHEFS
- Waman Adventures is proud of our Andean foods and our staff loves to eat! We work only with professional chefs!
- Also, find our travelers’ recommendations on TripAdvisor