DURATION 02 Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 16,470 ft.
Group Size 14 Personas
Type of Tours : Adventure, Cultural, Nature
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
The 02 Day Trek to the Rainbow Mountain, this colorful and innovative trek to the Rainbow Mountain or Vinincunca will captivate you with its beautiful landscapes and small towns that still await with a living culture. Our only company will be the curious Alpacas, Llamas and Vicuñas that we will observe along the way. During the journey, we will have a combination of incredible landscapes, snowy and colorful mountains. We will enjoy an incredible night with a sky full of stars and the Milky Way that will perplex you. This is a new alternative for those who want to have an adventure that will leave you breathless.
DAY 1: CUSCO – AUSANGATE – ANANTA
- On the first day, we will pick you up from your hotel at 04:00 a.m.
- We will start from Cusco, the trip will take approximately 03 to 04 hours of travel.
- Upon arrival at the starting point, we will have breakfast before starting the walk.
- As we advance along the path, we will reach the first pass of Pucaccocha, from where we can observe the majestic Ausangate glacier and its glistening lakes.
- We will stop our trek to have lunch and rest a little before continuing.
- Arriving at the camp in Ananta, we can have dinner and rest to wake up with energy the next day.
Distance: 14 km / 8.7 miles
Elevation: 4,200 masl – 5,000 masl
Walking time: 05 – 06 hours
DAY 2: ANANTA – RAINBOW MOUNTAIN – CUSCO
- We will wake up very early to have our delicious breakfast. This day, we will reach our goal, the “Rainbow Mountain”.
- We will begin the ascent towards the mountain of colors, in the tour we will observe the typical landscapes of the Andes, as well as mountains and snowy peaks.
- Upon arrival, we will enjoy the fascinating landscape, you can explore and take the time to visit it and take good photos.
- Upon return, our chef will be waiting for us with a traditional lunch.
- In the afternoon, our transport will wait for us to return to Cusco.
Distance: 18km / 11 miles
Elevation: 5,000 masl – 5,200 masl – 4,200m
Walking time: 6-7 hours
VERY IMPORTANT: This tour begins at your hotel when we will pick you up, and will end at your hotel when we drop you off.
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your guide and group in our office for an orientation before your trek. At this time, we will provide you with the duffle bags which will be carried by our horses. The meeting will be at 06:00 p.m. 01 or 02 days before the trip begins.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 8+.
- Pick up and drop off from any hotel in Cusco
- All transportation.
- 01 Breakfast, 02 Boxed Lunch, 02 lunch , 01 Dinner. If you have any dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own).
- Trekking poles
- Dining tent, chairs & tables
- Private toilet
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance fee for the Rainbow Mountain.
- Tips for your crew
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
Things to Bring
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or a environmental friendly option)
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 or More People||US$ 350.00|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer small Groups, not more than 10 people.
- Group Discounts ($25 each) If there are at least 4 people in your group (need to book at the same time and for the same trek in the group service), you will automatically get: A $25 per person group discount.
WHY CHOOSE WAMAN ADVENTURES?
Waman Adventures is working continously to become one of Peru’s most responsible tour operators. Ideally we try to keep our groups to a limit of 10 people. Since we fully operate all of our treks, we have complete control over the quality of our service. We want to make sure that you have a great experience on all of our treks and tours.
It is also important that everyone involved in the operation of our services is treated properly and cared for, and that the benefits brought by tourism are shared throughout the Peruvian communities. We now employ professional Peruvian guides (all bilingual), and local porters – the majority of whom have worked with us for over 02 years. All of our porters are picked from one of two mountain villages: Amaru (in the mountains behind Pisac), Cuper Alto (a small community beside Lake Piuray near Chinchero). Since the start, all of our porters have been given free sleeping bags, rain ponchos, backpacks and suitable shoes. All of our porters sleep in a communal tent which has a waterproof floor and they have access to any first aid equipment if necessary. We have provided free life insurance to ALL of our Inca Trail porters. Obviously we hope that the insurance won’t be needed but it should provide our porters and families with security in the event of any accident. We don’t consider these items to be luxuries or any special treatment, we consider them to be the absolute minimum requirements for treating our porters fairly and as fellow human beings. Despite the fact that these men are working very hard to make a living, we try to make their time as enjoyable as possible, along with the guarantee that our porters are respected, paid fairly (above & beyond the accordance with the Porters Law and requirements set down by the Ministry of Labor) and have warm & dry accommodation and plenty of nutritious hot meals to eat. Although many other trekking companies will tell you this, but there are few companies that act to genuinely care for their porters.
Any day that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 trekkers
Small Groups anywhere between 2 – 15 people, to keep your experience unique and assure personalized attention.
THE BEST FOOD FROM THE ANDES MADE BY PROFESSIONAL CHEFS
Waman Adventures is proud of our Andean foods and our staff loves to eat! We work only with professional chefs!