DURATION 04 Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 13,779 ft.
Group Size 14
Type of Tours : Adventure, Cultural, History, Nature
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
The Classic Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is the best-known trekking route in Peru and worldwide. One of the routes that will take us to our destination to the majestic and imposing Machu Picchu, is an incredible adventure that should not be missed in your visit to Cusco, no matter how old you are, this trek is suitable for all ages. In the course of the tour, we will observe the different archaeological complexes, the different species of flora, fauna, climates and altitudes.
“Waman Adventures” offers DAILY DEPARTURES, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. Please remember, it is only necessary to have space available for your START DATE.
Verification of the availability of the Inca Trail: Availability for the Inca Trail.
DAY 1: PISCACUCHO – WAYLLABAMBA (12 KM)
- Pick-up will be at 05:00 a.m. at your hotel and we will take you to Ollantaytatambo for approximately 02 hours.
- In Ollantaytambo, you will have time for your breakfast and / or make the last purchases.
- After breakfast,we will start at km 82 to start the walk.
- This day, you will visit the archaeological site of Patallacta, built at the foot of the mountain.
- We will also visit Willkarakay, an Inca Military post located near Patallacta.
- We will walk along the banks of the Cusicacacha River (Happy River).
- We will arrive at the valley of Wayllabamba where we will have dinner in our camp.
DAY 2: WAYLLABAMBA – PACAYMAYU (11 KM)
- We will begin our walk very early at approximately 05:00 a.m.
- This day, we will arrive at the Warmihuanusca pass (4,215 meters / 13,829 ft.) after a-04 hour hike uphill.
- The trek will be intense but we will have spectacular views of the whole landscape.
- We will enter the inter-Andean forest where we will see many Unca trees, native to the area.
- Arrival at Llulluchapampa, we will rest and enjoy our lunchbox.
- Ascent to the Warmihuañusca pass (4,215 meters / 13,829 ft.).
- After reaching the pass, we will descend to the camping area in Pacaymayu to have dinner and rest.
DAY 3: PACAYMAYU – WINAYHUAYNA (15 KM)
- This day, we will reach the second highest pass of the Inca Trail, Runkurakay (3,950 masl / 12,959 ft).
- Visit the archaeological site of Sayacmarca.
- We will have lunch at the Chaquicocha site.
- We will arrive at Phuyupatamarca, a natural observation area, from here we will see part of the Sacred Valley.
- On the route, we will pass through an area of platforms and an archaeological site.
- We will descend to our camp in Winayhuayna.
- We will have dinner here.
DAY 4: WINAYHUAYNA – MACHU PICCHU (5 KM)
- We will eat the delicious breakfast to go to the main entrance to Machu Picchu.
- After an hour and a half of walk, we will arrive to “Inti Punku” and we will see the sunrise.
- We will descend through the upper part of Machu Picchu and arrive at the classic viewpoint of the citadel.
- We will register for the entrance and be able to travel the whole site.
- Guiding takes approximately 2 hours, the guide will give you all the information about Machu Picchu.
- You can also visit the Historical Sanctuary on your own.
- In the afternoon, we will return to Ollantaytambo and we will head back to Cusco.
- Briefing in Cusco before the departure
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Professional Cook
- Porters to carry all equipment
- Personal porter for 5 kg/11.02 lbs per person (1 personal porter is included – up to 5 kilos per duffle bag, which will be provided and must fit all your belongings PLUS sleeping bag)
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transportation by bus to Km 82
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- Water (excluding the first day of the trek when you need to bring your own)
- 03 Breakfasts, 03 Lunches, 03 Afternoon Snacks (Happy Hour) and 03 Dinners. If you have a dietary request (vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free, etc) or allergy please advise us upon booking and re-confirm the day of our briefing
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Oxygen bottle
- Inflatable Thermares or REI sleeping mattress (which you must carry)
- EUREKA Tents – Comfortable and spacious 4 person (2 people per tent)
- First-aid kit
- Entrances Tickets to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping Bag (Rentals are available through us)
- Breakfast on Day 1 & Lunch and Dinner on Day 4.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain. Extra US$ 85
- Travel Insurance (We highly recommend insurance for your entire trip)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- Current University Card (discounts are available for students)
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellant (We strongly suggest NATURAL repellant)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or a environmental friendly option)
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****Check Inca trail availibility: Inca Trail Availability
****Includes a Personal Porter who will carry your personal items up to 6 kilos (including the sleeping bag : 2kgs), we will provide you a duffle bag for this purpose.****
|NUMBER OF PAX||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 people||US$ 859.00|
|03 people||US$ 779.00|
|04 people||US$ 719.00|
|05 people||US$ 669.00|
|06 people||US$ 649.00|
|07+ people||US$ 629.00|
- Group of 5 or more: US$25.00 All of you need is to book the trek altogether at the same time.
- Under 18 years old: US$35.00 Please send us a copy of the passport upon booking
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years): US$35.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card when booking. For those booking children who are 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to firstname.lastname@example.org. More Information here: STUDENT CARD
“WE ALSO HAVE THE FOLLOWING CONFIRMED DEPARTURE DATES”
|Hire of sleeping bag 5 season||$25.00|
|Walking stick highly recommended!||$15.00|
|Single Tent supplement||$30.00|
|Additional porter for 5 kg.||$80.00|
|Additional night at 3 star hotel||$85.00|