DURATION 04 Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 15,190 ft.
Group Size 12
Type of Tours : Adventure, Cultural, History, Nature
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
The 04 Day Salkantay trek to Machu Picchu is the second most visited place in being more visited after Machu Picchu. It has incredible typical landscapes of the Andes, because such beauty must be enjoyed in a unique and exclusive way. This route offers us the different landscapes since on the way we will pass through snow-capped mountains, cloud forests and we will feel the climate changes of the altitudinal floors in the course; as well as we will also pass through small Andean communities. It is aimed at those people who love nature, they will like to feel the tranquility and be in contact with it. We will also visit the Humantay lagoon, well known for its blue – green waters. An adventure in which you can live the experience of the best of Peru.
DAY 1: CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – SUYROCCOCHA
- We will leave Cusco very early at 04:00 a.m., the trip will last approximately 03 hours to the town of Mollepata. On the way, we will pass through different microclimates and altitudes, such as the town of Limatambo, known for its avocados.
- We will take breakfast briefly before continuing to the Community of Soraypampa, where we will begin our trek.
- We will continue approximately 03 hours to Salkantaypampa (4,000 meters / 13,123 ft.), we will have lunch under the massive Salkantay glacier.
- After resting, we will continue our trip to our camp in Suyroccocha (4,400 meters / 14,435 ft.), we will settle for the night right at the foot of Salkantay.
- Weather permitting, we will have a night constellation show with a show of constellations.
Maximum Elevation: 4,400 meters / 14,435 ft.
Distance: 12 km / 7.45 miles
DAY 2: SUYROCCOCHA – SALKANTAY PASS – HUAYRACMACHAY – CHAULLAY
- After a beautiful Andean sunrise, we will begin our ascent of approximately 01 hour, to the Salkantay pass (4,650 meters / 15,255 ft.).
- At this point the sights are spectacular, surrounded by glaciers and the view of the valley below. With some luck, we will observe local birds and mammals along the way.
- Our lunch will be in the community of Huayraqmachay, in the elevations near the glacier.
- After lunch, we will descend and feel the abrupt change in climate as we will enter the cloud forest.
- After 4 hours, we will reach Collpapampa (2,920 meters / 9,580 ft.), the weather is more tropical and full of wildlife.
- We will camp near the river and in the forest.
Maximum Elevation: 4,650 meters / 20,574 feet
Distance: 21 km / 13 miles
DAY 3: COLLPAPAMPA – SAYAHUACO – HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES
- We will have a nutritious and delicious breakfast in the morning.
- We will continue our journey through the dense vegetation of the high Andean jungle and the fruit fields. The most common fruits are bananas, coffee, avocados and cocoa.
- We will stop for lunch in the community of Sayahuaco (2,000 meters / 6,462 feet).
- Next, we will make a short trip by car to the hydroelectric station.
- From Hidroelectrica, we will continue by foot to “Aguas Calientes” (2,040 meters / 6,692 ft.) around 03 hours.
NOTE: It is optional to take a short train ride here instead of walking for an additional cost of $31.
- In “Aguas Calientes”, we will settle in our hotel and then go for dinner at a local restaurant.
Maximum elevation: 2,920 meters / 9,580 ft.
Minimum elevation: 2,000 meters / 6,462 ft.
Distance: 20 km / 12 miles
Accommodation: Golden Sunrise*** or Similar
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B)
- This is the most important day, we will visit one of the wonders of the world, the imposing “Machu Picchu”.
- After our breakfast, we will board the bus that will take us to Machu Picchu, where we will receive the first rays of the sun at dawn while illuminates the magical city.
- The guided tour of the National Shrine will last approximately 02 hours.
- In the afternoon, we will return to “Aguas Calientes” for lunch, before taking the train that will take us back to Ollantaytambo.
- In Ollantaytambo, our private transport will take us back to Cusco to drop you off at your respective hotel.
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your guide and group in our office for an orientation before your trek. At this time, we will provide you with the duffle bags which will be carried by our horses. The meeting will be at 06:00 PM 01 or 02 Days before the trip begins.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment and 7kg of your personal items.
- Pick-up and transportation from your hotel to the start of the trail.
- Water (excluding the first 04 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own).
- 03 Breakfasts, 03 Lunches, 03 Afternoon Snacks and 03 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know (food includes pancakes, omelettes, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking, hot drinks including coca leaf tea which is excellent for the altitude. Teatime everyday (tea, coffee, biscuits, popcorn)
- Wake up tea: Every morning at the campsite, you will woken up with a cup of coca tea! Our staff will bring the tea to your tent so that you will be warmed from inside out before you start your day.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- 4 man tent for every 2 trekkers.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (Golden Sunrise Machupicchu *** , Hatun Samay Hotel *** ) Day 04.
- Double thickness foam sleeping mattress.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Transportation Ollantaytambo-Cusco.
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us). US$25.00
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 05.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain US$35.00
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||US$ 559.00|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer small Groups, not more than 10 people.
- Group of 05 or more: US$ 25.00 All of you need is to book the trek altogether at the same time.
- Under 18 years old: US$ 25.00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time.
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$ 25.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD.
|Hire of sleeping bag 5 season||$25.00|
|Walking stick highly recommended!||$15.00|
|Additional night at 3 star hotel||$85.00|