1920px * 1080px
Tour MapView map >
The Short Inka Trail to Machu Picchu is a fantastic option for those who don’t have the time or desire to hike the full length of the Inca Trail. With beautiful scenery, a wide variety of flora and fauna on display and a visit to the Inca Trail’s most beautiful site (Wiñay Wayna), you get to enjoy the all the best bits of the Inca Trail condensed in to a one day walk. Covering a distance of just 10km / 6.3 miles the 2 day Inca Trail is not too challenging, is perfect for families, friends, students, as well as association or clubs.
Inca trail availability
We offer daily departures on the Inca Trail (excluding February when the trail is closed because of its maintenance)
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
Our trek today takes us along the most impressive stretch of the Inca Trail. We’ll visit beautiful Inca sites, see a variety of flora and fauna and get to take in the fantastic panoramas of the Andes mountains. Covering 10km of the trail our journey begins in the Sacred Valley and works it’s way up along an original Inca Trail to the Inca site of Winay Wayna before continuing on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku).
As we make our way to Machu Picchu we’ll pass through the lush and verdant cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a variety of plants, flowers and birds along the way. We may also see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacled Bears (if we are very lucky).
After a full days trekking we’ll arrive to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain below. The light at this time of day is great for photos and with fewer tourists in the site it’s a perfect time to take some pictures of the site. After we’ve passed through the Sun Gate we’ll carry on along the trail a little way before taking a side trail that leads us to Aguas Calientes in the valley below where we’ll check in to our hotel.
Lodging: Hatun Samay Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU
Waking up early we’ll take the first bus back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as it opens. We’ll have a 2 hour guided tour of the site during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour you’ll have free time to climb, if you have permits, either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain. In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will carry on by bus back to Cusco.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Pick-up from your hotel.
- Train to Km 104.
- Return transportation by train until Ollantaytambo.
- Return transportation by bus to Cusco.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- 3 Star Hotel.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- 2 Bus journeys between Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes.
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 2.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain.
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for a discount price)
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Insect repellant (We strongly suggest NATURAL repellant)
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or a environmental friendly option)
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|*02 people||$ 479.00|
|*03 people||$ 469.00|
|*04 people||$ 429.00|
|*05 people||$ 419.00|
|*06 people||$ 419.00|
|*08 + people||$ 405.00|
Waman Adventures offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. We can leave any day of the week as long as permits are available from the government. Please remember, permits are only needed for your START DATE. Check Inca trail availibility: Inca Trail Availability.
- Students with ISIC CARD: US$25. Please send us the copy of your passport at the booking time.
- Under 18 years old: US$25. Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time
- Group of 5 or more: US$25. All of you need is to book the trek altogether at the same time.
Departure Dates & Timetable
- Daily departures with at least 02 people. Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- 05:00 am or 05:30 am
Waman Adventures has high quality equipment. We use 4 man, Eureka Timberline tents that only need to be shared by 2 people.
“THERM-A-REST OR REI” INFLATABLE SLEEPING MATTRESS (Included without extra fee)
THE BEST FOOD FROM THE ANDES MADE BY PROFESSIONAL CHEFS
Waman Adventures is proud of our Andean foods and our staff loves to eat! We work only with professional chefs!