- Titicaca Lake
- Uros Islands
On the island, awaits travelers with a spectacular view of the lake and a simple facade stone welcomes you to our visitors. You will be able to appreciate the elaboration of the famous textiles of Taquile, as well as hear from the weavers themselves the interpretation of their culture and their tradition of everyday life
Tour MapView map >
UROS ISLANDS TOUR – TAQUILE & UROS FLOATING ISLANDS
WAMAN ADVENTURES: Provides a service of quality and guarantee, our tour: Uros islands tour – Taquile & Uros floating Islands will take you on an impressive journey through the sacred Lake Titicaca. Likewise, the advantage of this wonderful tour is that the time spent on traveling is reduced to less than half and, therefore, allowing more time to enjoy the islands. We also take less frequented routes whereby personal encounters with local families and weavers can be enjoyed. Above all, the inhabitants of Uros island are especially known for their fine Textileria, which are within the finest Peruvian handicrafts. Come with us to discover the wonders of Lake Titicaca!
Duration: 8 hours
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
THE FLOATING ISLANDS OF UROS
- Our departure to Uros & Taquile Islands starts at 7:30 am from your hotel. We will be directed to private transport towards the dock or main port.
- At 7:45 am, we start the trip to the floating Islands of the Uros, currently considered the National Reserve of Lake Titicaca – also known as the highest navigable lake in the world.
- During the trip, you will be able to observe a beautiful panoramic view, landscape. Our expert guide will inform you about the existence of the Uros floating islands.
- At present, the people of the Uros still maintain their own culture and tradition, as well as artisanal fishing, especially the (KARACHI) and the kingfish.
- Likewise, when fishing is abundant, fish are kept dry in the sun. Also, they are dedicated to the hunting of wild birds and the collection of duck eggs.
- Certainly, there are 75 islands that live today, and every island is well organized. After a long and beautiful visit, you will say goodbye to the Uros.
THE NATURAL ISLAND OF TAQUILE
- To get to our next visit in our tour Uros Taquile Islands, we will sail by boat for 2 hours and a half, to the natural Taquile Island, during the navigation you will be able to observe the mountain chain (the royal mountain range).
- So, the people of Taquile very cooperative and well organized. It is the reason that the Taquileños have demonstrated their high degree of advancement in the Textileria, receiving its award by UNESCO.
- Certainly, it should be noted that spinning and weaving are mainly done by men, starting at the age of eight. Women only make yarns and fabrics. Life in Taquile is still largely unchanged by modernity.
- As a result, the visit will be an average of 2 hours, and 1 hour you will have to taste a delicious typical lunch.
- If you would like to support and be a part of this community, you may voluntarily collaborate by buying some of their crafts.
- Finally, we will continue to make our way towards the city of Puno, arriving at 17:00 hours.
VERY IMPORTANT: This tour starts at your hotel when we pick you up and will end at your hotel when we leave it.
UROS ISLANDS TOUR INCLUDED:
- Pick-up, hotel – harbor – hotel
- Guide service.
- All admissión tickets.
- Motorboat (speedy boat)
- Pre- Briefing.
- 01 lunch in Taquile Island
- Travel insurance
- Extra expenses
- Light jacket
- Comfortable clothes for ziplining
- Shoes other than sandals (sandals are not permitted!)
Above all, Waman Adventures offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 people.
Uros islands tour – Group Service: US$50 per person
- Daily departure: Certainly, we pick you up from your hotel before the Uros islands tour.
- Also, find our travelers’ recommendations on TripAdvisor
- Departure Time: So, we can pick you up in the morning around 07:00 – 07:30 am
- Likewise, check our tour of 2 days of Uros