- Rainbow Mountain
The Rainbow Mountain Trek is one of the most important and trending routes of trekking in Cusco. For this reason, without any doubt, you’ll have the best experience during and when you get to the top of it. You can not leave Cusco without the visit to this natural wonder that offers us mother nature
Tour MapView map >
FULL DAY RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK PERU – GROUP SERVICE
Rainbow Mountain Trek Peru: Discover with us one of the most impressive natural wonders on the planet in the middle of the Andes of Peru.
CUSCO – CUSIPATA – VINICUNCA – CUSIPATA – CUSCO
- You will need to wake up early to enjoy this natural marvel at its best. So, between 3:45 am and 4:15 am, we’ll pick you up directly from your hotel to start our ride to the south of Cusco.
- Firstly, we will drive for around 2 hours to the town of Cusipata (3,329m / 12,772 ft.).
- After breakfast near Cusipata, we will continue our trip by van, following a beautiful way between the mountains, accompanied by our first views of Ausangate, the highest peak of Cusco.
- Later, our ascent will begin in Phuluwasipata and last about 2 hours, bringing us to our final destination and the highest point on our Rainbow Mountain trek (or Vinicunca Peru).
- Likewise, here we will stop to admire and appreciate the outstanding views in all directions and the rare geological formations that appear to be painted with exotic colors by Gods hand.
- As a result, we will stop for about 30 minutes – the perfect amount of time to rest, to have a snack, and immerse ourselves in this wild environment.
- After that, in Phuluwasipata, our transport will be waiting to take us to the restaurant in Chillihuani where we enjoy an energizing lunch.
- Then, we will have time after lunch to visit some of the local households and observe the lifestyle and customs that are still being practiced today since Inca times.
- At the end of the day, our tour will conclude with an opportunity to meet with local people from the community before making our journey back to Cusco in our private van.
- Finally, we will leave you back at your hotel around 4:30 p.m to 5:30 p.m.
- Meals: Continental Breakfast / snacks / fresh lunch
- Lowest Altitude: 4,326 m / 14,189 ft
- Highest Altitude: 5,020 m / 16,466 ft
- Distance: 3 km / 0,98 miles
- Travel time: 2 hours ascent; 1,5 – 2 hours descent
- Level of Difficulty: Very Challenging
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK INCLUDES:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 8+.
- Pick up and drop off from any hotel in Cusco
- All transportation.
- 01 Breakfast, 01 Freshly prepared, hot lunch. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Trekking poles
- Dining tent, chairs & tables
- Private toilet
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to fee for the Rainbow Mountain.
- Tips for your crew
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
Things to Bring
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK PACKING LIST:
- Original Passport
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or a environmentally friendly option)
Prices & Departure dates
Most importantly, Waman Adventures offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers. We can leave any day of the week.
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREK PERU – GROUP SERVICE
****Daily Departure with a minimum of 02 people****
|NÚMERO DE PERSONAS||PRECIO POR PERSONA||ACCIÓN|
|02 o más personas||US$ 39.00|
WHY CHOOSE WAMAN ADVENTURES?
Certainly, Waman Adventures is working continuously to become one of Peru’s most responsible tour operators. Ideally, we try to keep our groups to a limit of 8 people. Therefore, Since we entirely operate all of our treks, we have complete control over the quality of our service. So, We want to make sure that you have a great experience in all of our treks and tours like Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain.
Above all, It is also crucial that everyone involved in the operation of our services is appropriately treated and cared for, and that the benefits brought by tourism are shared throughout the Peruvian communities.
- To clarify, any day that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 02 trekkers for the full day Rainbow mountain trek Peru.
- Above all, small Groups anywhere between 2 – 8 people, to keep your experience unique and assure personalized attention.
THE BEST FOOD FROM THE ANDES MADE BY PROFESSIONAL CHEFS
- Waman Adventures is proud of our Andean foods and our staff loves to eat! We work only with professional chefs!
- Also, find our travelers’ recommendations on TripAdvisor