- Humantay Lake
The fantastic tour to Humantay Lake, will show you the most impressive hidden landscapes in the lesser-known places of Cusco. Take a break in the first camp of the famous Salkantay trek route, the nature and pure air will show you the peace and quiet of the countryside
Tour MapView map >
Full Day Humantay Lake – Private Service
The Full-Day Humantay Lake – Private Service is ideal for nature and ecotourism lovers. They like walking and during the tour to be able to observe the exotic flora and fauna that we can find. Likewise, we will appreciate the impressive snowy peaks of Humantay and Salkantay. Therefore, our tour is a part of the route to the well-known Salkantay trek, we will visit first Soraypampa camp where we will start our ascent to the Humantay Lake elevation (4200 masl / 13 779 ft).
Above all, an amazing journey that will take you little time to know in all its splendor and tranquility to the Humantay lagoon. However, you will be enraptured by so much natural beauty that awaits the Humantay mountain.
- Meals: Continental Breakfast / snacks / fresh lunch
- Distance: 7 km / 4.35 Miles.
- Minimum altitude: 2,900 masl / 9,515 ft
- Maximum Humantay Lake elevation: 4,200 masl / 13,779 ft
- Difficulty: Moderate.
- Duration: 12 Hours
- Departure: Cusco (05:00 am)
- Return: Cusco (05:00 pm)
Full Day Lake Humantay Tour
- Firstly, we will be waiting at the door of the hotel at 05:00 in the morning to be able to take you on a trip of around 3 hours to the village of Mollepata (2,900 masl / 9,515 ft).
- So, here we will have a delicious breakfast and recover energy to go to Soraypampa (3,850 masl / 12,631 ft).
- From this point, we will start the walk to which our guide will look carefully at any problem that may occur, if you wish, you can rent horses offered by the inhabitants of the area.
- During the ascent, we will have the opportunity to observe the diverse flora and fauna that inhabit the area.
- Also, we can observe some native birds of the area, as well as to get great views of the Andean landscape.
- Once arrived in the area, we will enjoy our small lunchbox and replenish our energy.
- Later, we will be delighted with the spectacular views of the Humantay lake elevation (4,200 masl / 13 779 feet) and its turquoise waters where you can take spectacular photographs.
- Subsequently, we will thank the Pachamama and the Apus in a small ritual with coca.
- After that, we will descend to Soraypampa where our transport will be waiting for us to take us to Mollepata.
- Finally, we will take our lunch, to later transport ourselves back to the city of Cusco and leave it in the hotel.
LAKE HUMANTAY TREK INCLUDED:
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Mountain guide (english and spanish).
- Touristic transport from Cusco to Soraypampa (beginning of trek)
- Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch at the Sky Camp.
- Entrance to the Humantay Lake.
- First aid kit equipment.
- Transportation back to Cusco.
- Tips for your crew
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
Things to Bring
- Original Passport
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- A warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- T-shirts (quick dry)
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Flashlite with spare batteries (or a environmental friendly option)
Prices & Departure dates
Waman Adventures offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers.
FULL DAY LAKE HUMANTAY PRICES
PRIVATE TREK ARE BASED IN NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP
|Number of Pax||Price per person US||Action|
|02 people||$ 165.00|
|03 people||$ 140.00|
|04 people||$ 120.00|
|05 people||$ 110.00|
|06 people||$ 100.00|
|07 people||$ 100.00|
|08 people||$ 90.00|
|09 – + people||$ 90.00|
WHY CHOOSE WAMAN ADVENTURES?
Certainly, Waman Adventures is working continuously to become one of Peru’s most responsible tour operators. Ideally, we try to keep our groups to a limit of 8 people. Therefore, Since we entirely operate all of our treks, we have complete control over the quality of our service. So, We want to make sure that you have a great experience in all of our treks and tours like Humantay Lake Peru – Lake Humantay.
Above all, It is also crucial that everyone involved in the operation of our services is appropriately treated and cared for, and that the benefits brought by tourism are shared throughout the Peruvian communities.
- To clarify, any day that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 02 trekkers for the trek to Lake Humantay.
- Above all, small Groups anywhere between 2 – 8 people, to keep your experience unique and assure personalized attention.
THE BEST FOOD FROM THE ANDES MADE BY PROFESSIONAL CHEFS
- Waman Adventures is proud of our Andean foods and our staff loves to eat! We work only with professional chefs!
- Also, find our travelers’ recommendations on TripAdvisor