MAX. ALTITUDE 200 m. / 656 ft.
Min. Age12- 60
Group Size 12
Type of Tours : Aventura, Naturaleza, Al Aire Libre
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
03 Day Her Majesty the Amazon, explore the most amazing Amazonian landscapes around the wild Amazon River. Get to know this particular ecosystem where exotic species of flora inhabit. See also the populations that inhabit this jungle since ancient times, sharing their customs and traditions. Relax in this green paradise in the company of sights, sounds, smells, flavors, and unique sensations through different visits and eco-touristic activities.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES
DAY 01: RECEPTION, YAGUAS NATIVE COMMUNITY, VISIT TO THE FUND RONY & NIGHT EXCURSION
- We begin with the reception at the Iquitos airport and then be transferred to the Bellavista Nanay touristic jetty. During the tour, you will receive a brief orientation about the city of Iquitos, observing the main tourist sites of this city (the historic city of eastern Peru). In the nineteenth century, it became from a small town to the most important river port in the Amazon, acquiring a surprising cosmopolitan condition during the so-called “Rubber Boom.”
- Once located at the Bellavista Nanay Tourist jetty, we have a 15 to 20-minute tour before boarding the boat to learn a little about the cuisine of the jungle. Next, we will go aboard safe and typical boats to navigate the world’s largest river and one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the World, the Amazon River. The trip along the Amazon River will allow you to obtain a magnificent panorama in which the magnificence of the river makes its way through the abundance of the jungle, where you will also find the picturesque riverside villages with their characteristic color and joy.
- After a period of time, we will arrive at Yanayacu River Lodge. Our staff will welcome you and provide you a pleasant soda, made with typical fruits of the region. We will have a short talk about the rules that govern the sustainability of the hostel and its surroundings. You will learn how to enjoy your permanence and your participation in the most diverse ecotourism activities. We’ll dispose of your accommodation immediately according to the type of room required.
- After installing ourselves in the lodge, we will start a walking tour or by canoe (according to weather conditions) to “New Peru”, a picturesque town where the Yaguas ethnic community is established, whose ancestors had a historical encounter by Francisco de Orellana in his first exploration of the Amazon in 1541.
- This visit will allow you to know their ancestral customs, appreciate their original palm fiber clothing, and even try their aim with the “pacuna” (blowgun) that the Yaguas used for centuries for hunting.
- After our activities in this community, we will return to the lodge to taste our lunches.
In the afternoon, we will go to a Wildlife Rescue Center, “The Fony Rony.” We will observe and interact with some varieties of wild animals such as the lazy bear (Bradypus variegatus), monkeys, macaws, toucans, boas. An exciting way to learn to value and respect the typical wildlife of our Amazon.
- Once this visited has finished, we will go to observe the beautiful sunset over the Amazon (depending on weather conditions), and later we will return to the lodge for dinner.
- At nightfall, we will make a night excursion. The mysterious and interesting world of nocturnal insects, cicadas, spiders, praying mantis, etc.
DAY 02: BIRD WATCHING, ARTISAN FISHING, AND PINK DOLPHINS
- After waking up with the song of the birds during the first hours of the morning (between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m.), you could observe many of the bird species that feed on the banks of the river or the plantations that are found in the surroundings of the community. Your guide will indicate the exact time at which this activity will take place.
- Once we have tasted an energizing breakfast, we get ready to undertake the Artisan Fishing tour. The guide will guide us concerning local techniques of fishing for piranhas or other species of the Yanayacu River, with the same material that the man of the jungle uses ancestrally for subsistence purposes.
- In the afternoon, we begin the tour towards the opposite side of the Amazon River to enter the search for pink and gray dolphins, which are considered the main characters of Amazon myths and legends. Besides, you can take a “dip” in the waters of the Amazon River that residents say they will rejuvenate for up to 10 years. It should be added that you can also use the mud of the Amazon as a natural scrub.
- We will appreciate the Amazonian sunset and then return to the lodge. Concluding the activities of the day this way
DAY 03: KINGDOM OF GIANT TREES AND TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT
- Once we have tasted an energizing breakfast, we will begin the “Circuit of Flora and Fauna” (A flood ecosystem called “Kingdom of the Giant Trees”). Using a boat or canoe, we will follow the course of the Yanayacu River to explore this area rich in avian fauna, whose species include kingfishers, hawks, herons, and a bird of prehistoric characteristics called Hoazín or “Shansho” (Opisthocomus hoatzin). It is also possible to find bromeliads (epiphytic plants) that grow high in trees. Without a doubt, it is the giant flora that will cause the greatest admiration. Among the trees, we will appreciate the “Lupuna” (Ceiba pentandra) that exceeds 50 meters high. Later we will return to the Lodge to enjoy our food.
- At the appropriate time or according to your flight schedule, we will take our boat and then the ground transportation to go to the Iquitos airport, ending our services.
´PLACES TO VISIT:
- Iquitos city
- Yanayacu River Lodge
- Yaguas Native Community
- Fony Rony
- Kingdom of the Giant Trees
- Yanayacu River
- Professional tour guide.
- 03 nights
- Feeding during the package.
- Airport pick-up.
- All transportation.
- Flights (International or local).
- Travel insurance.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Sun hat
- Sun cream
- Mosquito repellent
- Extra money
- Camera and video camera.
MINIMUM TWO PERSONS
PRICE PER PERSON
|*01 person or more||$ 199.00|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer small group size, no more than 12 persons.
Daily Departures: We can run the tour any day of the week, during the 12 months of year.