MAX. ALTITUDE 4200m/13779ft.
PLACE Cusco, Japura, Montaña de Colores
Group Size 12
Type of Tours : Trek, Adventure, Nature, Culture
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
Rainbow Mountain on ATV – Group Service; get to know the Mountain of Colors in a unique way and with adrenaline at maximum levels with this innovative tour. We will leave aside the traditional trekking to venture into a tour with ATVs at more than 4000 m.a.s.l. Through incredible high mountain landscapes with the tranquility and energy that this mythical area of the Andes brings with it. We will enjoy the mantle of colors that surround this very popular and famous mountain. We will explore the surrounding countryside, including the highest snow-capped mountain in the Cusco region: Ausangate.
- Rainbow Mountain on ATV will start Between 3 and 3:30 am we will pick you up from your hotel, transporting you in the direction of Japura, an Andean community that we will be arriving at after 2 hours and 40 minutes. In this place is located our restaurant to taste a delicious breakfast and load us with energy for the adventure ahead. After breakfast, we will go to the starting point where we will locate our quads ready to go. Our instructor will show you enseñará́ for a few minutes how to use them easily and simply to start our adventure.
- We will drive for 1 hour on these machines until we reach Qosqopata, at this point, we will descend from the ATVs to begin a short 35-minute walk until we reach the Mountain of Colors
- Upon arrival, we will have enough time to take pictures and enjoy the colorful landscape surrounded by snow-capped mountains of different shades. We will descend back along the same route for 30 minutes walking and then climb on our ATVs and drive again until we reach our restaurant to have a delicious lunch.
- Afterward, we will go in our private transportation to Cusco, arriving in the city between 16:00 and 17:00 to finish the tour near the Cusco Main Square.
- Professional bilingual guide.
- Pick up and transfer from any hotel in Cusco.
- All transportation.
- Quad bikes
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance ticket to the mountain.
- Permanent assistance.
Travel insurance – we strongly recommend that you purchase one for the duration of your trip.
What you need to bring?
Things to Bring:
- Trekking shoes or similar.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Warm jacket.
- Hat and gloves.
- Comfortable clothes for the walk
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+).
- Personal medication (if you required it).
- Camera and camcorder.
MINIMUM of 02 PEOPLE
PRICE PER PERSON
|*01 person on a quad-bike||$ 70.00|
|*02 persons on a quad-bike||$ 100.00|
DAILY DEPARTURES: We can leave any day of the week, as long as there is a minimum of 02 people to do the tour.
- Pick up times will depend on where your hotel is located around the city center.
- Pickup range between 03:00 and 03:30 am.