DURATION Half Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 11,680 ft.
Group Size 14
Type of Tours : Cultural, History
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
The Southern Valley Tour will take us to the opposite side of the Sacred Valley, where the route is less agglomerated and personalized.
We will know places that have a mixture of Colonial and Inca sites; this makes them have a different perspective on the other routes.
First, we will visit the fantastic Inca Water Temple in Tipon, which has one of the most incredible irrigation systems in the world. And so we will arrive at Pikillaqta, which represents a well planned public place for the time in which it was.
Finally, we will visit Andahuaylillas, considered the Sistine Chapel of America, due to the decorations and art shown on its walls.
We will enjoy the delicious cuisine that these beautiful places have to offer us. A tour of which you will be delighted to have made it.
- Duration: 05 hours.
- We will pick you up from your hotel at 08:00 a.m., and we’ll head towards the Archaeological Place of Tipon.
- At 08:40 a.m., we will arrive at Tipon, which was a sacred site where the Incas worshiped the water.
- At present, the water still runs through the different channels and platforms of the complex, and your guide will provide you with the necessary information.
- Then at 10:20 a.m., we will go to Pikillaqta and all its surroundings of the Archaeological Site.
- We will arrive at 11:40 am in the small town of Huaro and visit its church that dates from the 16th century.
- Finally, we arrived at 12:40 pm to Andahuaylillas, considered the Sistine Chapel of America.
- At 03:00 p.m., we will be returning to the city of Cusco.
- You can enjoy the night after feeling satisfied with the tour.
Places that are visited:
- Tipon Archeological Site
- Pikillacta Archeological Site
- Andahuayillas – The Sistine Chapel of America
- Round-trip transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Entrance fees to the sites visited US$25.00
THINGS TO BRING:
- Tourist ticket (not included in price) and money to pay other entrance fees.
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Cameras and films.
NUMBER OF PAXS
PRICE PER PERSON
|*01 person or more||$ 20.00|
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****
NUMBER OF PAX
PRICE PER PERSON
|*02 people||$ 80.00|
|*03-04 people||$ 70.00|
|*05-06 people||$ 50.00|
|*07- 08 people||$ 40.00|
- Daily Departures: We will pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- Departure time: 08:00 a.m