- Qeswachaka Inca Bridge
It is one of the Inca bridges that still maintains its authenticity intact since it is made of Puna straw or Ichu. Around 1,000 residents of the nearby communities are responsible for rebuilding it annually in the month of June. The type of Inca architecture of Qeswachaka is one of the most astonishing in the world. Come & Visit it!
Tour MapView map >
Full-Day Tour to the Qeswachaka Bridge Inca
The Tour to the Qeswachaka rope bridge will take you to know one of the places not so crowded or little known in the route of the south valley of Cusco. Certainly, it’s on top of the Apurimac River which has a distance of 15 meters high. It belonged to the road network of the Qhapaq Ñan or Inca Trail. Above all, the meaning of the name derives from two Quechua meanings “Qeswa” = braid, “Chaka” = bridge. Therefore, come with us and discover the most amazing places by unconventional routes to the traditional and live a different experience. You will obtain complete satisfaction at the completion of your tour.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
Tour to the Qeswachaka Bridge Inca
- Firstly, we will pick you up from your hotel in the morning, through the province of Acomayo we will stop and visit the different lagoons of Pomacanchi, Acopia, Asnaqocha, and Pampamarca or Tungasuca.
- Certainly, in these lagoons, they usually practice field activities such as fishing, totora hut camps, pedal boats.
- In the same way, you can observe different species of flora and fauna in each lagoon.
- After that, we will go to the province of Canas.
- Finally, we will reach our main destination the Inca bridge Qeswachaka (3,700 masl / 12,139 feet) which is 33 meters long and 1.20 meter wide
- Likewise, each year is renewed by hand with the use of ichu by the inhabitants of the area, before carrying out the activity a payment ceremony is made to the Pachamama to get help and protection during processing.
- Subsequently, we will pass by the hanging Inca bridge, which will require courage to do it, really in a very special experience that cannot be missed since it is one of the bridges that awaits its tradition from the time of the Incas to our days.
- As a result, you will get great pictures of the authentic and unique panorama. Once visited the place, we will finish our tour returning to Cusco and leave you at your respective hotel.
Minimum altitude: 3,600 masl / 11,811 ft.
Maximum altitude: 3,700 masl / 12,139 ft.
Places that are visited:
- Pomacanchi lagoon
- Asnaqocha lagoon
- Pampamarca or Tungasuca lagoon
- Inca Bridge of Qeswachaka
QESWACHAKA ROPE BRIDGE INCLUDED:
- Private transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites.
- Tourist ticket (not included in price).
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Camera and films.
QESWACHAKA BRIDGE RUNS AS PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
|NUMBER OF PAX||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|*02 people||$ 109.00|
|*03 people||$ 99.00|
|*04 people||$ 89.00|
|*05 people||$ 75.00|
|*06 people||$ 70.00|
|*07 + people||$ 65.00|
DEPARTURE DATES FOR TOUR QESWACHAKA BRIDGE:
- Daily Departure: Likewise, we can do the tour any day of the week with at least 02 people.
- Also, find our travelers’ recommendations on TripAdvisor
- TIMETABLE: Certainly, we’ll pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.