- Chonta Canyon
With this bewildering tour, you will know one of the less crowded natural areas of Cusco. Witness one of the most spectacular natural spectacles over the Andean mountains and skies, the flight of the sacred bird of the Incas, the Andean condor. It’s a new tourist route recommended for nature lovers and birdwatchers
Fly of the Condor in Chonta Canyon – Full Day Tour
View of the Condor in Chonta Canyon Peru is one of the best nature tours you can do in Cusco which is located in the canyon of Apurimac River and in the community of Chonta Cusco. Nowadays, Chonta Canyon is an excellent place to see the flight of the Andean Condor, its name in quechua is kuntur and the Incas believed it was immortal. Most importantly, it represented the Hananpacha, the upper world of the sky and future. Of the variety of flora and fauna that exists in the place and one of the deepest Canyons of Peru. Certainly, Chonta Canyon is one of the few places of Peru and in the world in which you can appreciate and see the spectacular Condors in its natural habitat being a unique, fantastic and unforgettable experience.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
Fly of the Condor in Chonta Canyon Peru
Cusco – Killarrumiyoc – Tarawasi – Chonta Canyon – Cusco
- Our trip begins with your pick up in Cusco at 7 a.m. Then, we’ll continue in the direction of Limatambo.
- During, the tour we will visit two beautiful and interesting archaeological centers Killarrumiyoc and Tarawasi, which possibly were used as astronomical observatories by the Incas.
- Then, we will continue to the village of Limatambo where we will have lunch at a local restaurant.
- Likewise, the adventure begins with a panoramic view of the community of Chonta located at 3,400 masl and the snowed mountain of Salkantay and Humantay.
- After walking for an hour and a half approximately through a beautiful way,
- Subsequently, we’ll reach the viewpoint of “Huaco”, which is located on the right side of the canyon of Apurimac river at 3,350 masl.
- From this viewpoint, we will have a spectacular view of the Apurimac Canyon and we will have the opportunity to appreciate the impressive Andean Condor stream in its natural habitat.
- Above all, the Condor is the largest flanking bird of prey in the world, considered a bird sacred by the Incas. So, with some luck we can also observe some birds like Eagles, Hawks, White-tailed Deer.
- Finally, after visiting and enjoying this beautiful trip we will return to Cusco city, arriving around 8 pm.
CHONTA CANYON PERU INCLUDED:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Pickup and drop off from any hotel in Cusco
- All transportation.
- 1 Boxed Lunch
- First aid kit
- Entrance fees
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
Things to Bring
- Hiking Boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Comfortable Trekking Pants
- Sun hat
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+)
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
Prices & Departure dates
Waman Adventures offers DAILY DEPARTURE, as long as we have a minimum of 2 hikers.
CHONTA CANYON PERU PRICES
PRIVATE TREK ARE BASED IN NUMBER OF PEOPLE IN YOUR GROUP
|Number of Pax||Price per person US||Action|
|02 people||$ 159.00|
|03 people||$ 149.00|
|04 people or more||$ 139.00|
- To clarify, any day that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 02 trekkers for the Chonta canyon Peru tour.
- Above all, small Groups anywhere between 2 – 8 people, to keep your experience unique and assure personalized attention.
THE BEST FOOD FROM THE ANDES MADE BY PROFESSIONAL CHEFS
- Waman Adventures is proud of our Andean foods and our staff loves to eat! We work only with professional chefs!
- Also, find our travelers’ recommendations on TripAdvisor