Visit the Inca astronomical observatory, whose construction resembles the horns of an animal. This great day tour will take you to one of the ancient Inca temples located in the Andes mountain range in Cusco. Be dazzled by the beautiful landscapes and learn more about the history of the Inca Empire
Tour MapView map >
Full Day Waqrapukara Tour – Group Service
Waqrapukara Tour – Waqrapukara Cusco: It will take you to one of the buildings in the Andes mountain range in Cusco. Certainly, this fortress is built on top of one of the steepest mountains in this sector of the Andes. Likewise, the Waqrapukara trekking experience will also immerse you in an incredible area of landscapes that seem lost in time, where travelers do not usually go. This great trek takes you out of the traditional walks in Cusco.
The archeological center in Waqrapukara is a mixture of pre-Inca and Inca construction. Therefore, it was built by the Kanchi ethnic group and in the time of the Incas probably built in the Inca government period Wayna Khapaq considered as a fortress, sanctuary, astronomical observatory. So, it is located 4300 msnm, in the abyss of the Apurimac River Canyon, south of the city of Cusco.
TREKKING WAQRAPUKARA TOUR
CUSCO – CHUQUICAHUANA – ACOMAYO – ACOS – WAQRAPUKARA – CUSCO
- In the morning, we will pick you up from your accommodation at approximately 3:30 – 4:00 am.
- So, if your hotel or hostel is not located in the city center, we will pick you up from the doorway of our office building.
- Later, we will begin the 2 and a half-hour drive towards Marcaconga village and then continue into the district of Pitumarca, where we will eat breakfast.
- After that, we will return to the car for thirty more minutes of driving along a zig-zagging, unpaved road, until we reach Punta Carretera.
- Here, we will have ten minutes to stretch, organize our things, and make any final preparations for our trek.
- Then, we will walk across gently rolling terrain for about two hours, observing gorgeous landscapes studded with small glacial lakes along the way.
- Once we arrive at the Waqrapukara Cusco Overlook, we will pause briefly to take our first photos of this incredible fortress perched on the edge of a canyon.
- Consequently, we descend for about forty minutes along a steep, cliffside path into the site itself, while the Apurimac River runs swiftly below.
- Also, we will explore the ruins for approximately an hour and a half, climbing through the remains of the temple, taking photos against the incredible canyon scenery, and resting on clifftops in the shadows of the stone walls.
- When the group is ready, we will begin the ascent back the way we came. Finally, we will reach the car after about three hours of trekking, and return to Cusco at approximately 6:00 pm.
WAQRAPUKARA TOUR INCLUDES:
- Roundtrip transportation
- Professional Tour Guide
- First Aid Kit
- Wooden walking sticks.
- Meals that are not mentioned
- Travel Insurance
Things to bring
PACKING LIST FOR WAQRAPUKARA CUSCO:
- Hiking/trekking boots.
- Waterproof jacket.
- Warm jacket and gloves
- Comfortable trekking pants.
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen (SPF 35+).
- Personal medication (if you required it).
- Camera and camcorder.
FULL DAY WAQRAPUKARA TOUR – GROUP SERVICE
MINIMUN OF 02 PERSONS
PRICE PER PERSON
|*02 persons||$ 65.00|
|*03 persons||$ 50.00|
|*04 persons or more||$ 40.00|
DEPARTURE DATES – WAQRAPUKARA TOUR:
- Scheduled Departures: Certainly, we offer confirmed departures on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday, as long as we have a minimum of 02 people for the tour.
- Also, find our travelers’ recommendations on TripAdvisor
DEPARTURE TIME – WAQRAPUKARA TOUR:
- PICK-UP: 3:30 am – 4:00 am (according to your hotel location).
- DROP OFF: 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm approximately.