- Salkantay Pass
- Machu Picchu
In this journey you will trek from 3,900m/12,800ft to 2,100m/6,900ft, through the trail of Salkantay trek, you will visit a wonder of the modern world, Machu Picchu. We also appreciate the exuberant jungle flora and fauna of Cusco and its traditional towns during this nice expedition
Places you know
Flexibilidad al reservar con Waman Adventures
Reserva con tan solo el 30% o 20% del costo total
Reserva con fecha abierta durante todo 2021 y 2022
Ofrecemos Salidas diarias durante todo el 2021 y 2022
Sustituye al viajero o Modifica la fecha de viaje hasta con 45 dias de anticipacion
100% comprometidos a la satisfaccion garantizada
05 Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu – Group Service
The 05 Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu – Salkantay Trek Tour is an ancient and remote footpath located in the same region as the Classic Inca Trail. Certainly, where massive snowcapped mountains collide with lush tropical rain forests.
Likewise, traversing across magnificent mountain passes, enjoying enormous and mystical snow-capped peaks, seeing nature in its purest form. Also, exploring more than 15 different ecosystems that we have in this area from beginning to end. Moreover, the chances for ethnic and cultural exchange are ever-present with local natives who still remain closely attached to their heritage and are very willing to share it with open minds.
Our group size: Small Groups not more than 10 people.
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA (L)(D)
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – CHALLWAY (B)(L)(D)
DAY 3: CHALLWAY – LA PLAYA – LUCMABAMBA (B)(L)(D)
DAY 4: LUCMABAMBA – LLAPTAPATA -HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES (17KM , HOURS 9)
Lodging: Golden Sunrise Hotel*** or similar
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B)
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA
- We will leave from Cusco approximately between 4:30a.m. and 5:00a.m.
- So, a bus will take us to the town of Mollepata (2900 meters above sea level) where we will arrive approximately at 8:00 in the morning
- After that, we will stop for last-minute supplies, leg-stretching or use the restrooms. We will continue to our trek starting point, Challacancha.
- We will meet with our support staff, and they will load the equipment on horses and mules.
- Around 9:00 a.m., we will begin our walk toward Soraypampa (3900 meters above sea level). During the trip, we will have panoramic views of the majestic Salkantay, other mountains covered with snow, and the Valley of Apurimac River.
- Consequently, around 1:00 pm, we will have a Peruvian lunch. After lunch, we will continue hiking toward Humantay Lake for 3 hours approximately, this is a beautiful lake in the mountains.
- We will come back to our camp where the tents will be ready for you as well as your dinner.
Lodging: Campsite at Soraypampa
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – CHALLWAY
- Today, nature will change drastically from dry sceneries to snowy peaks and tropical areas.
- After a nutritious breakfast, we will start the most difficult part of the trek. We will start the hike around 7:00 in the morning.
- Then, we will hike to a place called Pampa Salkantay, then go toward the left side of the snowy peaks of Humantay located next to the Apu Salkantay.
- At midday, we will be on the highest point ( 4600 meters above sea level).
- So, we will appreciate spectacular views of the mountains and the imposing snowy peaks of the Salkantay (6264 meters above sea level) which is known as the second-highest point of the Cusco region.
- Consequently, around 1:00 pm, we will have our lunch, in the area called Wayracmachay.
- After a trek of approximately 3 hours, we will arrive to our camp in Challway (2920 meters above sea level).
- Finally, Around 7:00 pm, we will recuperate from the trek and eat dinner.
Lodging: Campsite at Challway
DAY 3: CHALLWAY – LA PLAYA – LUCMABAMBA
- Firstly, around 7:00 am, we will start our trek and we will enjoy the beautiful sunrise.
- We will walk for about 5 hours toward Playa Sahuayaco. Then, we’ll arrive at a town called Collpabamba also called the “Forest Cloudy Brow” where waterfalls, fruit-bearing trees, varied flora, and birds can be observed.
- If we are lucky, we will be able to observe the famous bird called the “Cock of the Rocks‘.the national bird of peru Once at Playa Sahuayaco lunch.
- After that, we are going to hike couple of hours more to get to lucmabamba which is our last campsite also the beginning of the Inca trail of Llactapata.
Lodging: Campsite at Lucmabamba
DAY 4: LUCMABAMBA – LLAPTAPATA -HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES (17KM, HOURS 9)
- Around 8:00 am. we will gradually hike up for about 2 hours to finally get to LlactaPata.
- Certainly, it’s a beautiful archeological site that has connections to the Inca sites Machupicchu and Sayacmarka.
- We will have plenty of time to explore this nice Inca site and will then start our descent to Hydro-Electrica (power plant) which will take us about 1 ½ hours.
- As a result, a pleasant 3 hours walk will bring us to Aguas Calientes where we will stay in a hotel for the night.
- Finally, after having stored our baggage we will go out and have dinner together in one of the many restaurants.
Lodging in Aguas Calientes: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu*** or similar
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
- This last day starts very early. We will wake you up at around 5:00 am have breakfast. Then, take one of the first buses to Machu Picchu.
- We get up early as the Inca city is quietest in the early morning and you will have plenty of time to take photos and enjoy the sunrise over Machu Picchu.
- So, our guide will give you a tour around Machu Picchu citadel telling you about the history of Machu Picchu and the most important temples and altars.
- After that, if you still have plenty of energy you should climb Huayna Picchu Mountain. This is the steep mountain dominating the background of Machu Picchu.
- It takes 1 hour to climb Huayna picchu and 1 to 1 ½ hour (depending on if you want to make a detour to the great cavern) to return down.
- Then, once you feel that you have seen every corner of Machupicchu you will take a bus down to the village of Aguas Calientes to have lunch.
- Usually, we take the bus at around 1:00 pm. The bus ride takes around 25 minutes and your guides will give you the ticket.
- Make sure that, before you leave Machu Picchu by bus, the guides give you time and location of the restaurant where the group meets in Aguas Calientes.
- Finally, you will get your train and bus tickets back to Cusco in the restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
SALKANTAY TREK MACHU PICCHU INCLUDED:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+.
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment and 7kg of your personal items.
- Pick-up and transportation from your hotel to the start of the trail.
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own).
4 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 4 Afternoon Snacks and 4 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- 4 man tent for every 2 trekkers.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes, Day 4.
- Inflatable sleeping mattress.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo
- Transportation Ollantaytambo-Cusco.
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us).
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 05.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain US$80
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- A waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries or Head lamps.
SALKANTAY TREK MACHU PICCHU GROUP SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||US$ 589.00|
OUR GROUP SIZE: We offer small Groups, not more than 10 people.
Discounts for Salkantay trek tour:
- Under 18 years old: US$25.00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$25.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to firstname.lastname@example.org. More Information about STUDENT CARD
|Hire of sleeping bag 5 season||$25.00|
|Walking stick highly recommended!||$15.00|
|Additional night at 3 star hotel||$85.00|