DURATION 04 dias
MAX. ALTITUDE 500 m. / 1640 ft.
PLACE Madre de Dios
Min. AgeNature, Jungle, Outdoor
Group Size 12
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
Experience Puerto Maldonado as an adventurer, go ahead and explore its beautiful jungle and discover its exquisite biodiversity. You will have the opportunity to live the magic of our Amazon rainforest that is within Tambopata (278,000 thousand protected hectares). Appreciate the beauty of natural cochas and navigate its waters in a rowing boat.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES
DAY 1:WELCOME – RECEPTION – CAIMAN COCHA
- Upon your arrival in Puerto Maldonado, Peru´s Capital City of Biodiversity, we will welcome you at the airport. Then, we’ll start our program with a visit around the city, on a bus.
- Afterward, we will go to Puerto Capitanía, to board a motorized riverboat, and we’ll navigate on the Madre de Dios River. During the journey, we will submerge into a fascinating natural environment, if we are lucky we will witness Ronsocos, Caimans, Turtles, Herons, Cormorants and other animal species in their natural environment.
- Arriving at the Ecoamazonia Lodge, we will enjoy an exquisite welcome drink, we’ll get settled in our bungalows and will have lunch together.
- Once satisfied, you will be conducted by our specialized tour guide through an interpretive trail conveniently signposted to the Caimán Cocha, a small lake with an abundant presence of specimens of Black Caiman (Melanosuchus Niger) and Caiman (Caiman Crocodilus).
- At the end of the evening, you will witness the spectacular sunset in the Amazon, an experience full of intensities overwhelming color ranges.
- Upon returning to the Lodge, a delicious dinner will await you, and enjoy free time to share unforgettable moments at the bar, equipped with an excellent game room and all the drinks you can imagine.
DIA 2: LAGO APU VICTOR – MIRADOR AMAZONICO – ISLA DE LOS MONOS
- The birds of paradise will sing to wake you up renewed.
- A succulent breakfast will provide you with the necessary energy for a morning full of new experiences.
- After breakfast, we will start a walk to the depths of the forest, through specially prepared trails, with bridges to cross the ravines and rivers.
- During the walk we will observe the flooded forest and a variety of Flora and Fauna range and continuing, we will arrive at the majestic Lake Apu Victor, with crystal clear waters, surrounded by immense swamps and gigantic trees.
- Then, we will go up to the Amazon Viewpoint, from which we will enjoy a panoramic view over the lake, observing Parrots, Macaws, Toucans, Camungos, Shanshos (Hoatzin which is a type of prehistoric-looking wild hen), Herons and other animals, such as Caymans, Turtles, etc., and if luck accompanies us, we can observe the Giant Otter; One of the most spectacular animals in the jungle.
- On the way back to the lodge, a refreshing lunch will wait for you.
- In the afternoon, accompanied by our specialized guide, we will visit the Monkey Island; a unique place in the heart of the Madre de Dios River, five minutes away from the hostel. During the walk, we will observe extraordinary landscapes, with lush flora, sheltering a variety of species of monkeys in their natural habitat, such as Maquisapa, Capuchino, Leoncillo, Fraile and hopefully other species of animals, such as Coati and Lazy Bears as well as a great variety of birds
- Finally, we will complete our visit to the island, enjoying the sunset, with the most impressive sunset in the jungle. Then, we will return to the lodge and conclude the day with a pleasant dinner.
DAY 3: LOST COCHA – BOTANICAL GARDEN
- After breakfast, we will begin an adventure through the virgin jungle and accompanied by a local guide, we will take a walk in the deep jungle, to reach the Lost Cocha, which constitutes an ecosystem of refuge and feeding of an immense variety of animals. There, we will have the possibility to observe Otters, Alligators, Turtles, Sachavacas (Tapires), Multicolored plumage birds, the majestic Jaguar and a variety of fish species. This area is unique and typical of the Ecoamazonía Ecological Reserve (Map of geographical location) that keeps it intact, with immense swamps and various aguajales.
- Then, we will arrive at the extraordinary Amazon Lookout, from which we can appreciate the immense and magical jungle.
- Later, we will take a pleasant canoe ride around the lake and return to the lodge for lunch.
- In the afternoon, we can make an optional visit to the local Botanical Garden or if you prefer, you will have the option to relax in the Amazon pool.
- At night, we will have dinner and rest, surrounded by the sounds of the jungle.
- Back at the lodge, you can enjoy an exquisite dinner. If the body allows it, you will enjoy a fun night in our bar.
DAY 4: RETURN TO PUERTO MALDONADO AND FLIGHT TO LIMA
- After a restful night’s rest, our breakfast awaits you in our dining room before returning to Puerto Maldonado, insufficient time for you to take your flight back to Lima or to any other destination.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- Madre de Dios river
- Caiman Cocha
- Apu victor Lake
- Amazonic Viewpoint
- Monkeys Island
- Lost Cocha
- Botanical garden
- Professional Tour Guide.
- 04 nights lodging in Lodges (EcoAmazonia).
- Feeding during staying.
- Airport pickup.
- All transportation.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Sun hat.
- Sunblock (Factor 35 minimum recommended).
- Extra money for additional expenses.
- Camera and camcorder.
Minimum 02 Persons
Price per person
|*01 person.||$ 452.00|