- Huchuy Qosqo
- Machu Picchu
Huchuy Qosqo trek to Machu Picchu is one of the less crowded places to achieve the wonderful citadel of Machu Picchu. You’ll cross ancient communities that until these days hold their tradition and customs, also, a cultural exchanges will be the best opportunity to know more of them
Tour MapView map >
03 Day Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu
The 03 Day Huchuy Qosqo Trek to Machu Picchu is a pleasant and not too challenging option that combines nature and original Inca Trails. Likewise, a community visit and a guided tour of the little-known Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo. Similarly, taking you off the beaten paths and all the crowds of the more popular treks, yet still immersing fully into all the amazing things Peru has to offer. Certainly, the Huchuy Qosqo trek is perfect for those with a short time frame, an alternative non-commercial option, or who are just looking for an easier trekking route.
DAY 1: CUSCO – TAMBOMACHAY – QENKO
A DAY 2: QENKO – HUCHUY QOSCO – LAMAY – AGUAS CALIENTES
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU!
DAY 1: CUSCO – TAMBOMACHAY – QENKO
- Firstly, starting from the Inca site of Tambomachay just outside of Cusco our path leads us over high passes, through valleys and small communities, and past beautiful mountain lakes.
- Likewise, with large expanses of grasslands and sizeable lakes, the area is home to a wide variety of birds including Andean Geese, Partridges, and Lapwings.
- So, our goal for today is the village of Qenko located close to Lake Qoricocha (Golden Lake).
- Certainly, Qenko is a traditional Andean community, located high above Cusco and the Sacred Valley.
- Similarly, the people here still maintain the customs and traditions of ages past and the majority of villagers gain their income from herding llamas and alpacas.
- As only a few tourists come this way the people are always intrigued to see who has come to visit their village and to welcome them with open arms.
Lodging: Campsite at Qenko
DAY 2: QENKO – HUCHUY QOSCO – LAMAY – AGUAS CALIENTES
- Today has two main focuses, learning about the customs and culture of the Andean people and a visit to the Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo.
- Firstly, waking up early we’ll be taken by our guide to one of the houses where we’ll get to meet a local family.
- Likewise, the people are incredibly welcoming and are just as eager to learn about you as you are of them; they don’t get many visitors in this area and are always interested to find out about you.
- After that, you’ll have the opportunity to give any gifts you’ve brought for the local people and also to buy some of the locally made.
- The route follows an original Inca Trail that leads us down a beautiful, secluded valley that is filled with native plants, flowers, and birds.
- Above all, it really feels like another world compared to the high grasslands we’ve left behind.
- In total it takes about two and a half hours to reach Huchuy Qosco and after a break to rest and take in the views of the Sacred Valley you’ll have a guided tour of the site to learn about the Inca people and their culture.
- Finally, in the afternoon we head down to the Sacred Valley to the village of Lamay where we take a bus to Ollantaytambo and then a train to Aguas Calientes.
Lodging: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu*** or similar
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU!
- Waking up early we’ll take the first bus up to Machu Picchu citadel to enter the site as it opens its doors.
- Then, we’ll have a 2 hour guided tour of the site during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel.
- After that, if you have permits, to either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain, you’ll climb these mountains before return to the town.
- Consequently, in the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will carry on by bus back to Cusco.
HUCHUY QOSQO TREK INCLUDED:
- The pre-Trekking briefing (02 Day or 01 Day before the trek, in your Hotel).
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- Assistant tour guide for groups of 9+.
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment and 15 lbs/ 07kg of your personal items.
- Pick up from your hotel and transportation from your hotel to the start of trail.
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco.
- Water (excluding the first 4 hours of the trek when you need to bring your own).
- 02 Breakfasts, 02 Lunches, 02 Afternoon Snacks and 02 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- EUREKA / DOITE – Comfortable and very spacious 4 man tent (one tent is used by two people).
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes, Day 2.
- Inflatable ” Thermares or Rei sleeping Mattress (you need to carry ).
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip).
- Sleeping Bag (Can be hired from us).
- Breakfast on Day 1, lunch Day 4.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain (Extra US$ 35.00).
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- A waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries or Head lamps.
HUCHUY QOSQO TREK RUNS AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 People||US$ 540|
|3 People||US$ 475|
|4 People||US$ 475|
|5 People||US$ 440|
|6 People||US$ 440|
|7-8 People||US$ 420|
Discounts for Huachuy Qosqo trek to Machu Picchu:
- Group of 5 or more: US$25.00 Must be booked all together
- Under 18 years old: US$25.00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$25.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using an university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD
|Hire of sleeping bag 5 season||$20.00|
|Walking stick highly recommended!||$10.00|
|Additional night at 3 star hotel||$85.00|