DURATION 06 Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 16,470 ft.
Group Size 10
Type of Tours : Adventure, Cultural, History, Nature
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
In this tour 06 Day Cusco – Sacred Valley – Machu Picchu – Rainbow Mountain, we will visit a little of all the most recognized places of the city of Cusco. We will begin first by knowing the traditional and mystical city of Cusco, after that we will go to the Sacred Valley of the Incas which is the place where our ancestors made their best crops to feed the population of Cusco. We will continue the visit to the citadel of Machu Picchu, where you will be enchanted and fascinated by the beauty and majesty it imposes. We will finish this tour with a visit to one of the places recently positioned in the city of Cusco which is the Rainbow Mountain of Vinincunca.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL TO CUSCO AND CITY TOUR
Upon your arrival in Cusco, a representative of “Waman Adventures” will meet you at the airport to assist you with transportation and take to your respective hotel.
In the afternoon, you will take the famous City Tour. This tour begins with a visit to Sacsayhuaman, one of the most emblematic buildings of the Inca Empire (a few minutes from the city center, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO), built by the Inca Pachacutec in the 15th century. It is a vast fortress built from huge stones. How were they transported and worked? It remains a mystery. It has been calculated that what we see today is only twenty percent of the original structure, because when the Conquerors arrived they used their stones for the construction of new buildings such as the catedral and other churches.
Places to visit with this tour:
- Qoricancha Temple
- Puca Pucara.
*Accommodation: Cusco Jungle Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 2: PISAC – OLLANTAYTAMBO – “AGUAS CALIENTES”
- After breakfast, we will embark towards the Sacred Valley of the Incas, our first destination will be the “Animal Sanctuary of Cochahuasi”. Here, we can observe many of the Andean species, native as the Puma, the Andean Condor, the Alpacas and many more.
- Continuing our tour, we will go to Pisac here we will observe the construction design of the construction of the Archaeological site, which many say, which portrays the profile of a condor. Pisac is mostly known for two reasons: for its famous handcraft market and for its archaeological site. Here, we will have free time to interact with local artisans.
- Finally, we will visit the town of Ollantaytambo, also known as “Living Inca City”. Here, we will have a tour of approximately 01 hour to visit all the ceremonial centers and most important places of this magical town.
Places to visit:
- Animal Sanctuary of Cochahuasi.
- Pisaq Market.
In the afternoon, we will continue our trip by train to the city of Machu Picchu (“Aguas Calientes”). In the afternoon, you will have the option to visit, enjoy the hot springs of this town and rest in the Hotel.
*Accommodation: Aguas Calientes – Golden Sunrise *** or similar.
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU
Today, we will get up very early at approximately 05:00 a.m., to have breakfast and take one of the first buses to Machu Picchu. There are two good reasons to be at the entrance to Machu Picchu very early:
- It is worth the effort to get up early, as it is better to be one of the first and be able to enjoy the Sunrise over Machu Picchu, likewise enjoy this magical city without many people.
- Our guide will give you a tour of Machu Picchu of approximately 02 hours to learn about the history, the most important temples and altars. After your tour, you will have free time to explore the site on your own or if you still have a lot of energy go up the Huayna Picchu Mountain (optional), from where you will have a stunning and spectacular view of Machu Picchu, it takes approximately 02 hours to climb to the top.
- After completing our visit, you will return by bus to the town of “Aguas Calientes”.
*Accommodation: “Aguas Calientes” – Golden Sunrise ***, or similar.
DAY 04: MARAS – MORAY – CHINCHERO
After breakfast, we will board the train to return to the town of Ollantaytambo, from here we will start our tour by bus, our first stop will be the Archaeological Center of Moray. Here, we will enjoy the magnificent circular terraces that functioned as an agricultural research center during the Inca period. When you have finished exploring Moray, we will go to the Salt Mines of Maras, this town is known as a former center of salt production, where you can find around 3,000 salt wells, which are filled daily by a small stream of water.
Finally, we will visit “the town of Rainbow Mountain”, Chinchero. Here, we can admire the well preserved walls of Inca constructions and altars. We will also visit the beautiful Colonial Church, unique for its works of art and interior images. Continuing the tour, we will participate in a wonderful introduction and learning of the Andean weavings, where we will be able to familiarize ourselves with the wisdom of their Inca Art.
Places to visit:
- Salineras de Maras
- Textile center in Chinchero.
At night, we will have a farewell buffet dinner, with music, show and typical dances.
*Accommodation: Cusco Jungle Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 5: VISIT TO THE RAINBOW MOUNTAIN / VININCUNCA
- We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco very early, and we will head south of Cusco through the beautiful valley landscapes and farming communities. We will need about 03 hours to reach the community of Quesyuno (4,326 masl / 14,192 feet). Once in the community, we will have a delicious breakfast prepared by our chef.
- After breakfast, we will start our hike, following a beautiful stream through a pass between mountains, accompanied by the beautiful first views of Ausangate, the fifth highest peak in Peru. Along the way, we will pass by herds of hundreds of alpacas and llamas, occasionally spotting the local inhabitants by going on their daily activities.
- The ascent will take us a total of approximately 03 hours, taking us to our final destination at the highest point of our trek, Vinincunca or Rainbow Mountain (5,020 masl / 16.466 ft). Here, we will stop to admire and appreciate the outstanding views that we will find in all directions and also the rare geological formations that seem to be painted with exotic colors by the hand of God. In the distance and below us we will see infinite valleys and glaciers until we lose sight of them.
- We will stop for about 30 minutes – the perfect amount of time to rest, have a snack, and immerse ourselves in this wild environment before starting our descent, which will take approximately 02 hours. Upon returning to Quesyuno, our chef will be waiting for you with a delicious hot lunch. After lunch, we will have time to make some visits to some of the homes of the community and observe the lifestyle and customs that are still practiced since Inca times. Here Quechua, which is the native language of the Incas, is spoken very well, and agriculture is essential for life.
- At the end of the day, our tour will conclude with the opportunity to meet with the people of the community before leaving back to the city of Cusco in our private van. We will drop you off at your hotel at around 07:00 p.m.
Meals: Continental breakfast / snacks / fresh lunch
Lowest altitude: 4,326 masl / 14,189 ft.
Maximum altitude: 5,200 masl / 16.466 ft.
Distance: 15km / 9 and ¼ miles
Travel time: 03 to 04 hours of ascent; 02 to 03 hours of descent.
Level of difficulty: Challenging.
*Accommodation: Cusco Jungle Hotel *** or similar.
DAY 6: TRANSFER TO THE AIRPORT (END OF TOUR)
- You will have the morning free to relax or take the walking tour of the city (Optional).
- In the afternoon, we will take you to the Cusco airport (according to your flight schedule) for your departure to the city of Lima or others (end of the route).
NOTE: The Tour begins and ends at the airport and / or bus station of CUSCO.
- 05 nights accommodation in 03 star hotels (based on double occupancy).
- 05 Buffet breakfast, 02 Buffet lunches.
- Personalized service with small groups of no more than 14 people.
- Transfers from and to the airport in Cusco.
- Tourist transport for all tours.
- All tours according to the itinerary.
- All tickets (Tourist Ticket, Entrance to the Mountain of Colors)
- Tour to the mountain of Arcoiris.
- Train to Machu Picchu with the Inca Rail Company or Expedition Service with Perurail (Round Trip)
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (round trip).
- Private tour in Machu Picchu.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Professional guide during the entire trip.
- FLIGHTS (International and Local)
- Individual Supplement US $ 225 (All travelers traveling alone must pay the individual supplement.)
- Food according to the itinerary.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu. US $ 35.00
- Travel insurance – You are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for a discount price).
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho.
- Warm jacket.
- Comfortable pants
- Sun hat.
- Sunscreen (factor 35 or higher).
- Repellent for insects.
- Personal medication
- Camera and video camera.
|ADULTS||US$ 725.00 per person (Min. 02 people)|
|STUDENTS (With University card)||US$ 700.00 per person (Min 02 people)|
|CHILDREN (Between 07 to 10 years old)||US$ 640.00 per person***|
OUR GROUP SIZE:
We offer Small groups, no more than 10 people.
Daily Departures: Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year, as long as we have a minimum of 02 people.