DURATION 06 Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 12,343 ft.
Group Size 12
Type of Tours : Cultural, History
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
In this tour 06 Day Machu Picchu and Cusco “The Puma City” we will visit the best-known places of the city and the beautiful Sacred Valley of the Incas. We can observe in the course of the tour picturesque landscapes, snowy mountains, variety of flora and fauna, etc., the small indigenous communities that still preserve their customs and traditions in their way of life.
The Machu Picchu and Cusco tour “The Puma City” will take you on an enigmatic and wonderful visit to the Wonder of the World, Machu Picchu. Rest assured that you will have the help of experienced professionals, in this way you will obtain complete satisfaction in your visit to the city of the Empire of Cusco.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL AT CUSCO – INCA MUSEUM AND QORIKANCHA
- Welcome and transfer from the airport to your hotel in the city of Cusco (3,400 masl / 11,000 feet).
- Acclimatization, rest and accommodation in your hotel in the morning.
- In the afternoon, we will visit the Inca Museum where we will learn about the Inca Culture.
- We will culminate with the visit to Qoricancha, one of the sacred places where the Inca kept his best treasures.
Accommodation: Tandapata Boutique *** or similar.
DAY 2: SAQSAYHUAMAN – TAMBOMACHAY AND THE TEMPLE OF THE MOON – TRANSFER TO “AGUAS CALIENTES”
- We will first visit Sacsayhuaman, considered a jewel of Inca architecture with its magnificent and huge stone walls.
- We will continue our trip to the Temple of the Moon where offerings and sacrifices were made to it in Inca times.
- Very close to the place is Tambomachay, a place where the water was worshiped and which also functioned as the Inca baths.
- In the afternoon, we will arrive at Ollantaytambo to take our train to “Aguas Calientes”.
- We will have the possibility to visit and enjoy the hot springs of the place.
: Golden Sunrise*** or similar.
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU
- Today is the most important day since we will visit the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Once inside the Historical Sanctuary, we will get the best views of the entire Andean landscape.
- The tour will take an approximate of 2 hours of guided tour, after which you can have extra time to visit it on your own.
- The hike to Huayna Picchu will take you a round trip of 02 hours (optional), in the same way, it happens with Machu Picchu Mountain.
- We will return to “Aguas Calientes” after the tour.
Accommodation: Golden Sunrise*** or similar
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES – OLLANTAYTAMBO – MORAY – SALT MINES
- In the morning, we will take the train back to Ollantaytambo.
- Then, we will go to Moray.
- Moray is considered an agricultural research center, where the Incas cultivated products from different altitudinal levels.
- Later, we will visit the Salineras de Maras which has more than 3,000 pools or salt mines which are filled with water that filters from the subsoil.
- We will have our dinner at our lodging in Chinchero.
Accommodation: Chinchero Casa Boutique
DAY 5: CHINCHERO (TEXTILE INTERPRETATION CENTER)
- After breakfast, we will enter the Archaeological Site of the Tupac Inca Yupanqui Royal Palace, a place with buildings and Inca walls very well preserved.
- We will also visit the small Colonial Church, which conserves beautiful works of art.
- We will have some brief lessons on the elaboration of Andean looms, learned by past generations and practiced still.
- Finally, we will return to Cusco.
Accommodation: Tandapata Boutique *** or similar
DAY 6: FREE WALKING TOUR – FLY TO LIMA
On this tour, you will visit the following places:
- Main Square.
- Nazarenas Square.
- San Blas neighborhood.
- The stone of the 12 angles.
- Traditional market of San Pedro.
In the afternoon, the tour will end with your transfer from the hotel to the airport.
- 05 night’s accommodations in 03 or 04 stars hotels (based in double occupation)
- 05 breakfasts, 01 lunches, 01 dinners
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- All transportation.
- All transfers.
- All entrances fee.
- Ejecutive (Inca Rail) or Vistadome tren to Machu Picchu.
- Buses to Machu Picchu (Round trip)
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide during the whole trip
- Single supplement: US$230 (03 stars hotel) /us$400 (04 stars hotels)
- Meals where are not stated
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee US$35
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
THIS TOUR RUNS ONLY AS A PRIVATE SERVICE.
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
- Under 18 years old: US$25.00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$25.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD
- Daily departures: We will pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.