- Animal Sanctuary
- Machu Picchu
This tour package will show you the highlights and trending places of Cusco. Embark on a fantastic day trip to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. This wonderful tour allows you to visit key sites such as the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu. Likewise, you will visit Saqsayhuaman, Sanctuary animal Cochawasi, Pisac and its nice market
Places you know
Flexibilidad al reservar con Waman Adventures
Reserva con tan solo el 30% o 20% del costo total
Reserva con fecha abierta durante todo 2021 y 2022
Ofrecemos Salidas diarias durante todo el 2021 y 2022
Sustituye al viajero o Modifica la fecha de viaje hasta con 45 dias de anticipacion
100% comprometidos a la satisfaccion garantizada
07 Day Tour of the Andean Experience: Ancient Inca Gems of Peruvian Andes
The 07 Day Andean Experience Cusco Tours to Machu Picchu – Cochahuasi animal Sanctuary allows you to know the ruins of Machu Picchu, as well as the Sacred Valley, Maras, and Moray.
This Cusco Tours to Machu Picchu – Cochahuasi animal Sanctuary includes the following:
- Round trip ground transportation from airports, hotels, and tourist destinations.
- Lodging in a hotel of 03 stars in Cusco, Aguas Calientes, and the Sacred Valley.
- The most important tour through the city of Cusco, Sacred Valley, and Machu Picchu.
- Prices per person based on double occupancy.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
Andean Experience Cusco Tours to Machu Picchu
DAY 1: CUSCO NAVEL OF THE WORLD
- Upon your arrival at the airport in Cusco, a Waman Adventures member will be there to greet you and take you to our partner lodge, located in the
- charming historic district of San Blas.
- So, the lodge is centrally located and only a few minute’s walk from the Plaza de Armas, the beautiful and bustling town center.
- Finally, this day will be reserved for resting and acclimatizing to the altitude, approximately 3400 meters (11,000 feet). Meet your expedition group at 5:00 pm.
DÍA 2: CITY TOUR (D)
- Firstly, this trip starts at Sacsayhuaman, one of the emblematic buildings of the Inca Empire (just a few minutes from the center of the city and a UNESCO World Heritage Site) built by the Inca Pachacutec in the 15th Century.
- Certainly, it is a vast fortress built from huge stones; how they were transported and worked is still a mystery.
- It has been calculated that what we see today is only twenty percent of the original structure because when the Spanish arrived they used its stones for new buildings such as the cathedral.
- Finally, in the afternoon we will travel by car to the town of Ollantaytambo where the train station to Machu Picchu awaits our transfer to the town of Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes).
Places that are visited:
- Puca Pucara.
LODGING: Aguas Calientes
DAY 3: MACHU PICCHU
- Today, we will rise very early for breakfast and ascend to the citadel Inka of Machu Picchu (approx 25 minutes by bus) to appreciate sunrise at this magical place.
- Above all, it’s a famous masterpiece of architecture and engineering believed to have been a sanctuary and energetic center.
- Nowadays, Machu Picchu is recognized by UNESCO as one of the seven wonders of the world and a World Heritage site.
- Optional: The trek to the peak of Huayna Picchu, a rigorous climb on steep trails with impressive ruins and spectacular views, a round-trip of 2 hours.
LODGING: Aguas Calientes
DAY 4: OLLANTAYTAMBO – MORAY – SALT MINES
- Return to “living” Inka town of Ollantaytambo by train and continue by car to Moray, an ancient construction designed for agricultural investigations and studies of different crops in a range of altitudes.
- Consequently, here the many concentric “rings” of terraces produce a fine gradient of micro-climates.
- Likewise, the warmth of the lowest central ring slowly dissipates as the rings ascend outward and upward, creating reductions in temperatures until reaching the ground-level norm.
Places that are visited:
- Maras (Salt Mines)
LODGING: Chinchero Hotel
DAY 5: CHINCHERO (TEXTILE INTERPRETATION CENTER)
- Chinchero: the rainbow village, home of the ruins of the royal palace of the Inka Túpac Inca Yupanqui, a picturesque community located on a high plateau overlooking the many snowcapped peaks of the Cusco region.
- Similarly, here we can admire the well-preserved Inka walls of the main square as well as the many altars.
- Also, we visit the beautiful colonial church, unique for its interior artwork and imagery.
- Moving on, we will participate in a wonderful introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles.
- As a result, in the afternoon we will become acquainted with the wisdom of Andean weavings as maintained since long before Inka times. Traditional food will be prepared for lunch here.
DAY 6: COCHAHUASI ANIMAL SANCTUARY – PISAQ – PISAQ MARKET
- Travel to the Sacred Valley of the Inkas towards the town of Pisaq. We will stop on the way to visit the Cochahuasi animal sanctuary: here we may observe many of the native Andean species such as the puma, Andean cóndor, alpacas, and many more.
- Further en route, we will stop at a spectacular viewing location to observe the Urubamba river as it curves like a serpent through the mosaic-like agricultural lands.
- We will observe the construction design of the archaeological site of Pisaq, which many say portrays the profile of a condor. Likewise, a famous craft market.
- Subsequently, we will have free time to wander the market and interact with the many local artisans.
DAY 7: FREE WALKING TOUR -FLY TO LIMA
Likewise, free morning to relax or free walking tour. The walking tour will visit the following places:
- Plaza de Armas / Main Plaza, which is home to the main cathedral and colonial houses
- Plaza Nazarenas
- San Blas neighborhood
- The twelve angle stone
- San Pedro local market
Finally, this afternoon transfer to the airport for your departure to Lima
NOTE: The tour starts and ends at the airport and/or bus station of CUSCO.
ANDEAN EXPERIENCE INCLUDED:
- 06 night’s accommodations in 03 stars hotels (based in double occupation)
- Small Groups anywhere between 2 – 12 people, to keep your experience unique and assure personalized attention.
- 06 breakfasts, 01 dinners
- Entrances to Machu Picchu.
- All transfers.
- All entrances fee.
- Ejecutive (Incarail) or Expedition train to Machu Picchu.
- Buses to Machu Picchu. (Round trip)
- Private guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide during the whole trip
- FLIGHTS (International and Internal).
- Meals (only those mentioned).
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu or Machupicchu mountain: Additional US $ 85.00 per traveler.
- Change of train category to Vistadome (Peru Rail company): Additional US $ 60.00 (round trip), additional US $ 40.00 (one way or only return) per traveler.
- Travel insurance.
PACKING LIST (Cusco tours to Machu Picchu):
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
Andean Experience Tour
Above all, we recommend you, sturdy shoes, a good raincoat, and warm layers for the evening are the only essential items. Also, bring comfortable and modest clothes for the time in Cusco. So, there is no need to bring a sleeping bag or any gear as you’ll be staying in lodges throughout the expedition.
Documents and Logistics – Andean experience Cusco tours to Machu Picchu & Cochahuasi animal Sanctuary:
- International flights booked and confirmed to Cusco
- Flight information submitted
- Passport valid through the end of the trip (*Passport and entry receipt must be carried at all times during expedition!)
- Medical insurance card
- Cash for tipping guides, buying souvenirs, incidental costs, etc. (*Note: Please bring crisp US bills. Many places will not accept torn, wrinkled, or worn bills)
-Also, find our travelers’ recommendations on TripAdvisor
-Likewise, visit our other MultiDay Tours
EXTENSION OF ANDEAN EXPERIENCE: PERU AMAZON JUNGLE
Head to the heart of the Amazon to spot monkeys, go star-gazing, and listen to the sounds of the jungle. This extension can be added to any of our Peru expeditions.
Day 1: Take a 45-minute flight from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado, followed by a 30-minute motorized canoe ride to one of our partner lodges in the Tambopata National Reserve, a conservation area within the Amazon. Enjoy an afternoon walk through jungle trails where you will discover exotic birds and insects. After dinner, head back out on the boat for an evening star-gazing tour.
Day 2: Explore the jungle, home to macaws, monkeys, toucans, and caimans during the Canopy Walkway Tour. Included as well is an optional nighttime rainforest excursion to experience the nocturnal animals.
Day 3: Visit the Butterfly House before taking a boat ride back to Puerto Maldonado Airport. Catch a plane to Cusco to conclude your Peru Jungle extension.
|BOOKING TYPE||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
- Transportation to/from the airport in Puerto Maldonado.
- All food at the lodge, and domestic airfare.
*Single supplement of $85 USD applies*
NOTE: Extensions and extra nights are confirmed immediately upon receipt of payment. All extensions and extra nights are 100% non-refundable, non-transferable for the Andean Experience Tour.