DURATION Half Day
MAX. ALTITUDE 12,343 ft.
Group Size 12
Type of Tours : Adventure, Nature
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
Quad Bike ATV Maras Moray is an exciting trip designed for adventure lovers like you, through the Andean mountains of Cusco, we will pick you up from your hotels in Cusco or the Urubamba Valley, to start this exciting adventure we will provide you a Quad Bike ATV and accessories to ride around the beautiful landscape of the Andes, the Maras Salt Mines and the archeological site of Moray.
- Duration: 07 hours.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES
- Quad Bike ATV Maras Moray begins with the pick up from your hotels in Cusco or the Urubamba Valley. According to your reservation.
Our day begins with a visit to one of the textile centers located in the village of Chinchero, where we will fill the knowledge and practice of the famous textile Inca.
- Here in Chinchero, we will give you all the complete equipment like gloves, helmets, etc. And the ATVs, we will also provide you with all the necessary information on the proper use of ATVs, we will also describe the route to be taken.
- Culminating this brief orientation, we will begin our journey in the direction of Moray; you will be accompanied by an experienced instructor and our Professional tour guide through unique trails surrounded by mountains and beautiful snow-capped.
- Once we get to Moray, we will have enough time to visit the circular terraces that were built in a huge natural depression or holes in the surface of the ground, where the Incas had used for scientific research in agriculture to acclimatize their seeds Betrayed from different parts of the Inca Empire.
- What is surprising is the difference in the average annual temperature between the top and bottom of the terraces to about 15°C, after this visit we will go to the square of Maras, where we will have a brief stop in the main square.
- Our last place of the visit will be the famous Salt Mines of Maras, which are made up of about 3000 small wells on the mountainside, where people fill the pools with salt water flowing from the mountain during the dry season.
- When the water evaporates, the salt contained in it slowly solidifies, to obtain a production of salt every 30 days.
- Finally, we will retake the ATVs and return to the point of departure; here, our transport will be waiting to return to Cusco or the Sacred Valley.
- Private transportation.
- YAMAHA ATV.
- Helmet and gloves.
- Professional guide.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance Tickets. Extra US$ 25.00
- Personal Accident Insurance.
- Guarantee deposit.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Sun hat.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Cameras and films.
****Daily Departure ****
Number of Pax
Price per Person
|01 or more people||50.00|
****Daily Departure with at least 02 people****
NUMBER OF PAX
PRICE PER PERSON
|07 + people||$75.00|
- Daily departures: We pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- In the morning between 08:00 – 09:00 (depends on your preference)
- Approximate time: 08:00 am to 03:00 pm