- Salt Mines Maras
Discover with us this beautiful, charming and historic places, where we will visit the enigmatic archaeological site of Moray where new crops were developed by the Inca using varying altitudes on a terraced system. If you want to see something really different from ruins, this is your tour! The area is amazing and spectacularly beautiful.
Chinchero, Maras and Moray Tour – Private Service
Our Chinchero Maras and Moray Tour – Private Service will be in the Sacred Valley, located between Cusco and Machu Picchu. Certainly, this valley is known for its lush landscape, picturesque colonial towns, and magnificent Incan fortress. Likewise, you will visit, the archaeological site of Moray and the salt mines of Maras located about 2 kilometers away, an important production center that dates back to pre-Inca times. Therefore, were we will find more than 3000 wells of salt along the mountain slope, which are filled daily by the water that seeps into the earth.
- Duration: 07 hours.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
Full Day Chinchero Maras and Moray Tour
- To start the Tour, we will pick you up from your hotel around 08:00 a.m. and head to Moray.
- So, the drive is about 01 hour and 20 minutes and is absolutely beautiful. As a result, you will drive through the snow-capped peaks of the Andes, through lush yellow fields of wheat, past some villages.
- Finally, you will arrive at the fascinating display of terraces in Moray. Moray boasts 03 amphitheater-like terraces made by the Incas.
- Certainly, these terraces, which are carved deep into the earth in a bowl shape, were thought to be used to determine the optimal conditions for growing crops.
- After that, we will descend a little to the salt mines of Maras located about 2 kilometers away, an important production center that dates back to pre-Inca times.
- Here we will find more than 3000 wells of salt along the mountain slope, which are filled daily by the water that seeps into the earth.
- Subsequently, the last place of the Chinchero Maras and Moray Tour will be Chinchero. Here we can admire the well-preserved Inca walls of the main square as well as the many altars.
- Also, we visit the beautiful colonial church, unique for its interior artwork and imagery.
- Moving on, we will participate in a wonderful introduction and learning experience of the art of Andean textiles.
- Once you have explored everything, you will head back to Cusco city in time to enjoy some lunch on your own.
Places that are visited:
- Chinchero (traditional weaving center).
- Chinchero archeological site.
- Maras Salt Mines.
CHINCHERO MARAS AND MORAY TOUR INCLUDED:
- Round-trip transportation (tourist bus).
- English-speaking Tour Guide.
- Tourist Ticket for archeological sites.
- Sun hat.
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Cameras and films.
CHINCHERO MARAS AND MORAY TOUR RUNS AS A PRIVATE SERVICE
****Daily Departure with at least 2 people****
NUMBER OF PAX
PRICE PER PERSON
|02 people||$ 85.00|
|03 people||$ 75.00|
|04 people||$ 70.00|
|05 people||$ 60.00|
|06 people||$ 50.00|
|07 people||$ 45.00|
|08 or more people||$ 40.00|
- Daily departures: Certainly, we’ll pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
Departure Time Chinchero Maras and Moray Tour
- Likewise, the pick-up will be in the morning between 08:00 – 08:30 a.m.
- Also, find our travelers’ recommendations on TripAdvisor