DURATION 06 Hours
MAX. ALTITUDE 12,343 ft.
Group Size 14
Type of Tours : Cultural, History
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
The Tour to Maras Moray – Group Service will let you know a beautiful part of the Sacred Valley, located between Cusco and Machu Picchu. This valley is known by its awesome landscape. Discover with us this beautiful and enchanting historic place where we will visit the Archaeological Site of Moray, where the Incas made experiments and acclimatized new harvests using different altitudes in a terraces system. After that, we will visit the salt mines of Maras, where water flows from those high-altitude mountains and falls down the mountain side into individual evaporation ponds, forming layers of salt that are extracted and then distributed to the high-Andean communities.
- Duration: 05 to 06 hours.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES
- In the morning, we will pick you up from your hotel. Then, we will go to our first place to visit, Moray.
- In the way, we will appreciate the beautiful landscapes that Cusco has to offer us.
- We will see two beautiful lagoons, Piuray Lagoon and the Huaypo Lagoon.
- We will start with the explanation of the Archaeological Center of Moray, this place that has 3 systems of cultivation terraces as an amphitheater made by the Incas. These platforms, which are deeply carved into the ground in the form of a bowl, are believed to have been used to determine the optimum conditions for the cultivation of different products.
- After exploring Moray, we will descend a little to the salt mines of Maras located about 2 kilometers away, an important production center that dates back to pre-Inca times. Here we will find more than 3000 wells of salt along the mountain slope, which are filled daily by the water that seeps into the earth.
- Finally, we will return to Cusco.
PLACES TO VISIT
- Turistic Transportation.
- Professional Tour Guide.
- Entrance ticket to Moray.
- Entrance to Maras. Extra S/. 10.00
THINGS TO BRING:
- Tourist ticket of Cusco (not included in the price).
- Sun hat.
- Sun screen.
- Waterproof jacket / Rain poncho.
- Camera and film.
Number of People
Price per Person
|*01 persona a más||$ 18.00|
DAILY DEPARTURE: We can do the tour any day of the week.
- In the morning between 08:00 a.m. – 09:00 a.m.