DURATION Medio día
MAX. ALTITUDE 75 m.
Group Size 12
Type of Tours : Traditional, Cultural
These activities are a walk in the park! You will be able to enjoy the scenery, history, and time with loved ones without exhausting yourself. You do not need any special training, gear, or acclimatization for an “Easy” trek or tour. Terrain will be generally flat and comfortable, highly traveled.
A step up from “Easy,” these tours require a little more physical effort but are still 100% manageable to anyone with or without adventure experience. Again, you do not need special training, gear, or acclimatization for a “Mild” trek or tour. Terrain is generally flat but with possible gentle up- and downhills.
Before embarking on a “Moderate” trek or tour, you should be at least partly acclimatized to the high altitude of the Andes as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. These tours are still very manageable without special training as long as you have spent a day or two at high altitude. Terrain often includes moderate up- and downhill walking with possible rough patches or infrequently-traveled sections.
“Challenging” treks or tours require that you are acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 2-3 days or more at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. You will need to be in good physical shape, and it’s recommended that you train at least some beforehand, possibly with running, biking, or strenuous workout videos. Terrain is often rough, sometimes with steep up- and downhills and often not highly traveled. Generally, these last several hours.
These “Formidable” treks are our most difficult treks and require serious effort but are also the most rewarding. It is necessary to be in pristine physical condition. Again, you must be acclimated to the Andes’ high altitude before leaving as it affects your oxygenation, energy levels, and hydration. Spending 4-5 days or more if possible at high altitude will help you on the trek. You will need hiking shoes and possibly trekking poles for these treks. It is important to train physically before these treks so that your body is prepared for the strenuous nature of the trip. Generally, these last at least an entire day in infrequently-traveled areas with rough paths.
On this tour to Pachacamac, we will appreciate the temples of this culture that used to be visited by crowds of pilgrims. Great Andean rituals were celebrated here, as Pachacamac was a successful oracle capable of predicting the future and controlling the movements of the earth. The word Pachacamac means “Soul of the earth that animates the world.” The ancient Peruvians believed that a single movement of their head would cause earthquakes. He could not be seen directly in the eye, and even his priests entered the room from behind. The cult of Pachacamac was the center of all the religions of the entire pre-Hispanic coast.
- Duration: 04 hours (approximately).
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES
(Except on Mondays that it is closed for maintenance and cleaning the halls of the museum).
Departures from Tuesday to Sunday: 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. – 6:30 pm.
- We will start the tour by picking you up from your respective hotel, starting the tour in the Barranco District, known as one of the bohemian neighborhoods of Lima. We will be able to observe the hermitage and its church, the descent of Baños, the Bridge of Sighs. Also, appreciate houses and farms of the eighteenth century.
- On the way, we will pass by chorrillos, a district with a lot of history where we can appreciate the marshes of the village, a protected natural area.
- Then we will start the visit to the Pachacamac Sanctuary, considered one of the largest with 465 hectares. In which we will visit the museum of the site, the Temple of the Sun (most imposing construction), the Temple of the Moon or Acllahuasi (Mamaconas), and the Old Temple ( the oldest building). Besides, we’ll visit the painted temple from the Wari era, Tauri Chumpi palace, Regional or Joint Nunciatures of Palaces, Pilgrims’ Square, etc.
- Finally, we will return to the hotel.
PLACES TO VISIT:
- Temple of the Sun
- Temple of the Moon
- Old Temple
- Temple from the War era
- Tauri Chumpi palace
What is included?
- Round trip transportation.
- Professional tour guide.
- Entrance fees.
- Other services not described.
THINGS TO BRING:
- Sun hat.
- Camera and camcorder.
(Except on Mondays that it is closed for maintenance and cleaning).
Departures from Tuesday to Saturday: 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
Sundays: 9:30 am – 1:45 pm