- Titicaca Lake
The island awaits travelers with a simple facade stone that welcomes you to our visitors. Appreciate the elaboration of the famous textiles of Taquile, as well as hear from the weavers themselves the interpretation of their culture and their tradition of everyday life. Visit two ancient pre-Inka temples, Pachatata and Pachamama
Tour MapView map >
02 Days Tour Uros Amantani Taquile Islands
Tour Uros Amantani Taquile Islands – Lake Titicaca Tour: live an unforgettable experience in community companionship, experiential tourism in direct contact with the local people of Quechua origin (AMANTANI). Certainly, you’ll have an unforgettable experience where every visitors will know the way of life of this population and the own simplicity hospitality of its smiling inhabitants.
Also, this trip includes a hike to the highest point of Amantani island where some temples are located (PachaTata and PachaMama), Likewise, there is a large observatory to enjoy the beauty of the island and see the immensity of Lake Titicaca with a sunset own unique place, accommodation in single homestays and comfortable at the same time, services are basic. Similarly, no hot water, no electricity.
WE OFFER DAILY DEPARTURES!
02 Day/1 Night Tour Uros Amantani Taquile Islands – Lake Titicaca Tour
DAY 1: UROS (FLOATING ISLANDS) – AMANTANI ISLAND
- Firstly, we will visit the ancient culture of the Uros and step foot on their floating islands.
- The islanders will give us a presentation about their lifestyle upon their man-made islands, built using the Totora reed which grows among the shores of the lake.
- Likewise, we will learn about their existence on these small islands and how they have adapted to their conditions. Continuing across the lake, we will arrive at the island of Amantani.
- Here we will meet the Quechua families that will offer us a cozy home-stay style lodging and prepare us traditional food for lunch.
- After that, we will make the short ascent to the two hilltops of the island while observing the daily lifestyle of the local people.
- Consequently, a top of the island, we will visit two ancient pre-Inka temples, Pachatata and Pachamama (father & mother cosmos).
- In the evening after dinner, the community members will hold a small welcoming party for us.
Lodging: Amantani Island (Homestay)
DAY 2: TAQUILE – PUNO
- Firstly, after breakfast on Amantani, we will board the boat again to make the short trip to the neighboring island of Taquile.
- Subsequently, we will ascend the beautiful stone paths to the community, a small and quite shy population, not to mention very hard-working and wise, a culture full of art and tradition.
- Above all, Taquile’s’ people are cheerful and proud of their origin and culture, happy to share with us the beautiful atmosphere of island life upon the immense lake Titicaca.
VERY IMPORTANT: This tour starts at your hotel when we pick you up and will end at your hotel when we leave it.
TOUR UROS AMANTANI TAQUILE INCLUDED:
- Transfers hotel – port – hotel.
- Bilingual guide (English & Spanish).
- Tickets to the Islands.
- All transportation.
- Transport by traditional boat.
- Overnight stay with the families (Amantani).
- 01 Lunch, 01 Dinner, 01 Breakfast.
- Second day lunch in Taquile (extra $ 10 USD).
- Others not mentioned in this Program.
- Original Passport
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
TOUR UROS AMANTANI TAQUILE – GROUP SERVICE
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|02 or More People||US$ 60|
- Daily departures: Certainly, we pick you up from your hotel 30 minutes before the tour.
- Also, find our travelers’ recommendations on TripAdvisor