- Malaga Pass
- Santa Maria
- Santa Teresa
- Machu Picchu
With the Inca Jungle Trek, you will be able to have an incredible experience through the exuberant flora and fauna of Cusco. We do together with the activities of full adrenaline as Zipline, Rafting, Trekking & Biking. Come and Join us!
Tour MapView map >
04 Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu – Group Service
The 04 Day Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu is aimed at all people who are willing to overflow adrenaline during the entire trip to Machu Picchu. Absolutely, the perfect combination of hiking and extreme sports, combining activities such as mountain biking, zip line, and rafting to enjoy the mysterious and impressive ruins of Machu Picchu. Certainly, with the inca jungle tour, you will cross beautiful landscapes full of abundant vegetation, fruits, and coffee plantations. A beautiful mixture of all the attributes that nature offers us in the part of the lower jungle, as well as a little more about the ancestral history of the Incas.
DAY 1: CUSCO – SANTA MARIA (BIKING AND RAFTING)
A DAY 2: SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA (TREKKING)
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES ( ZIP LINE AND TREKKING )
A DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
DAY 1: CUSCO – SANTA MARIA: BIKING AND RAFTING
- Our transportation will pick you up around 6:00 am (Time to be reconfirmed). After 03 hours approximately by bus, we will arrive at the high mountain of Malaga Pass (4,350 meters).
- So, around 09:00 am, where will start our descent on mountain bikes, descending for about 03 hours, passing through small villages, orchards, rivers, and streams, reaching the town Huamanmarca around 01:30 pm.
- Likewise, from here, our private bus will take the group for 30 minutes to the town of Santa Maria.
- After a short break, we will begin the rafting trip for the next 02 hours, encountering class III and IV rapids, always accompanied by a professional safety kayak to watch over the group until leaving the river.
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Maximum altitude: 4,316 m.a.s.l. / 14,160 ft.
Distance: approx 21 km
Biking time: 3.5 to 04 hours approximately.
Lodging: Santa Maria – Homestay
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA – SANTA TERESA: TREKKING
- After a delicious breakfast, we will begin our first day of the trekking course to Santa Teresa at 06:00 am.
- So, the first 02 hours of our tour is an ascent, but, there will be many stops in order to learn a bit more about the wide variety of flora and fauna that can be found in the region we are in.
- Likewise, one of these stops will be a family house where we will rest for 20 minutes and supply ourselves with more water and some regional tropical fruit.
- After resting for a bit, we will cross a section of the classic Inca Trail that historically connected Machupicchu with the city of Vilcabamba.
- Here, our guide will explain a bit more about the history of the Incas, as well as the system of communication that existed during that time.
- Subsequently, at this point, we will also see one of the most impressive views in all of the Huancarccasa Canyon.
- Afterward, we will descend to the small town of Quellomayo, where we will stop to eat lunch and rest in the nearby hammocks.
- Then, we continue 02 more hours walking to the hot springs of Cocalmayo, where you will have plenty of time to enjoy the naturally heated water of the baths.
- After that, we will continue to the final destination of the day, Santa Teresa.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Maximum altitude: 1,700 m.s.n.m. /5,577 ft.
Distance: approx. 12 km
Lodging: Santa Teresa- Homestay
DAY 3: SANTA TERESA – AGUAS CALIENTES: ZIP LINE AND TREKKING
- After breakfast, we will begin the trekking course to Aguas Calientes at approximately 07:00 am.
- Similarly, we will walk for 03 hours in the Aobamba Valley until we reach the Intihuatana sector, where we pass a government control post and continue the trek.
- So, lunch will be included along the path, and we will have the opportunity to see a series of waterfalls and admire the majesty of the mountains surrounding Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu.
- Here you will also have the chance to see an astronomical sundial used by the Incans, as well as other constructions such as the Incan citadel of Machupicchu.
- Finally, after 3 hours of walking, we will arrive in Aguas Calientes alongside the train tracks that lead to the small town.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Maximum altitude: 2,040 m.a.s.l. / 6,692 ft.
Distance: approx. 16 km
Lodging: Golden Sunrise Machu Picchu Hotel*** or similar.
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
- This last day starts very early. We will wake you up at around 5:00 am have breakfast. Then, take one of the first buses to Machu Picchu.
- We get up early as the Inca city is quietest in the early morning and you will have plenty of time to take photos and enjoy the sunrise over Machu Picchu.
- So, our guide will give you a tour around Machu Picchu citadel telling you about the history of Machu Picchu and the most important temples and altars.
- After that, if you still have plenty of energy you should climb Huayna Picchu Mountain. This is the steep mountain dominating the background of Machu Picchu.
- It takes 1 hour to climb Huayna Picchu and 1 to 1 ½ hour (depending on if you want to make a detour to the great cavern) to return down.
- Then, once you feel that you have seen every corner of Machupicchu you will take a bus down to the village of Aguas Calientes to have lunch.
- Usually, we take the bus at around 1:00 pm. The bus ride takes around 25 minutes and your guides will give you the ticket.
- Make sure that, before you leave Machu Picchu by bus, the guides give you time and location of the restaurant where the group meets in Aguas Calientes.
- Finally, you will get your train and bus tickets back to Cusco in the restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
Maximum altitude: 2,490 m.s.n.m. / 8,169ft
Distance: approx. 1,5 km.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL INCLUDED:
- Pre-departure briefing: You will meet your guide and group in our office, for an orientation trek. meeting at 07:00 PM the evening before the trip begins.
- 01 night’s accommodations in 3 stars hotels in Aguas Calientes.
- 2 night’s accommodations in a basic hostel.
- All Transportation.
- Full suspension mountain bikes, helmets, and gloves.
- 03 Breakfast, 03 Lunches, and 03 Dinners.
- An Experienced, bilingual “Adventure Guide”.
- Transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 8+.
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Guided Tour in and around Machu Picchu.
- Bus to Machupicchu (one way).
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- All Safety Equipment and First Aid Kit.
- Rafting Activity with all equipment (Extra US$32).
- Zipline Activity (Extra US$32).
- Huayna Picchu entrance fee (Extra US$ 35.00).
- Entrance ticket to the hot springs in Santa Teresa (US$ 3.00).
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
- Breakfast on Day 01 and lunch in Aguas Calientes on Day 04.
- Original Passport
- SIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- A waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries or Headlamps.
- Swimwear for rafting
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL GROUP SERVICE
|NUMBER OF PAXS||PRICE PER PERSON||ACTION|
|2 or More People||US$ 499.00|
OUR GROUP SIZE: We offer small groups, not more than 10 people.
Discounts for Inca jungle trail to Machu Picchu:
- Group of 5 or more: US$25.00 Must be booked all together
- Under 18 years old: US$25.00 Please send us a copy of the passport at the booking time
- Student Discount (Maximum Age 25 years old): US$25.00 Student discounts apply to anyone who has a valid UNIVERSITY STUDENT CARD at the time of the trek or who is 17-years-old or younger. For those using a university student card to receive the discount, we need to see a copy of the card at booking. For those booking children 17-years-old or younger, we need a copy of their passport at booking time. Please send all to email@example.com. More Information about STUDENT CARD
Departure Dates & Timetable
- Daily departures with at least 02 people. Our tour can leave any day of the week, 12 months a year.
- 05:30 am or 06:00 am